Premed 101 Forums

Is Dalhousie med school super fantastic?

Guest dopetown

Guest dopetown

I think i have a decent shot at getting an interview next round, so I'm applying.

I'm curious about what dal med and halifax is like. Is there stuff to do? People to meet? Places to see? Alcohol to drink?

How much are the sea-food buffets there? Is it under 20 bucks?

Lobster must be pretty cheap too I imagine?

Guest DancingDoc

Well, we have the most bars per capita supposedly!! lol:b

Lots of restaurants here too (not like Toronto or Montreal or anything, but there is a good variety and lots of seafood at a variety of prices).

Everyone I have talked to in Dal med really loves their program and everyone seems to get along really well. they seem to be a fairly close-knit class. I also really like what I have heard about the program: it's a good combination of all the teaching styles and you get patient contact in the first year (I know of people already doing patient histories on their own). So is it "super fantastic"? :) personal opinion, however it is high on my list of places to go so I think so!

Well, we have the most bars per capita supposedly!!
I have no idea if Halifax really does or not ... but I find that any small-ish city with a university tends to tell that to prospective students. :)

Guest dopetown

Okay awesome I'll go.

One of these schools have to be right about the number of bars they have, but if dalhousie has enough balls to make a bold statement like that, i'm sure it has enough.

Guest MrNeuroscience

Oh, we have it to back it up. Bars per Capita we have it all. There is know where else in the world to have a night out as it is in halifax... The night scene can get crazy, especially for a greenhorn (not implying)... But I know of knowhere that has cracked what goes on here... and "walked" home to tell the story... Halifax... rocks!

Guest geekpunk

Haha, I can indeed confirm that Hali has the most bars per capita in Canada (or is it in the World?!?).

Just stay away from the Dome... and the Palace... unless you enjoy contracting STDs. :rollin

Guest DancingDoc

Ugh, definitely agree with Geekpunk... definitely avoid Dome and Palace.... no matter what anyone tells you!!

We've got some good ol maritime type bars/pubs too which make for a different scene...:D

Guest UWOMED2005

I did my undergrad degree in Halifax.

Best decision I ever made.

Halifax is fantastic for student life - there is tons to do (surfing!!) and great student oriented amenities.

Guest MrNeuroscience

Hi Everyone,

I googled it, and Halifax DOES have the most bars per capita in Canada (maybe not North America... I don't know that one). We have nearly 200 bars and restaurants in downtown halifax... and not that large a population. But for those sceptics, here's a link to the Halifax Business Commission website with the stats: www.downtownhalifax.ns.ca...?mn=1.8.37

Archived