Premed 101 Forums

Steller advice for all interviewees!

Guest EJL

Guest EJL

Hi Everyone,

I know that this can be a stressful time for you all, given that it is the beginning of May and you are waiting to hear back from different med schools. I was there last year at this time too, and it's really tough.

I thought I'd give you some advice on how to pass the next few weeks away before you do hear from med schools and decide where you're going to be over the next few years. Med school can get pretty overwhelming at times, so it's better to enjoy the time before you begin, despite the stress you're probably feeling right now.

The weather is nice, enjoy it. I kept myself very busy over this period of time. Every weekend, I planned a different excursion. One weekend, I surprised my mom and came home for mother's day (always good if you want the support of your parents through med school). On one particular weekend, I had some high school friends come to visit me - that was great - like old times! For the long weekend, I went, on a whim, to Boston, and had a memorable experience.

The most important thing now is to enjoy the month of May and do things that you've never done before if you have the time to do them. As long as you keep yourself busy, you will almost forget about med school. And besides, it's out of your hands, so there's nothing you can do.

Good luck to everyone!

Edited the subject to get rid of the all-capital letters. -Ian

Archived