<threadtitle>Graduate pool interview invitations emerging</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>Kirsteen</username>

<dateline>1078842360</dateline>

<title>Graduate pool interview invitations emerging</title>

<pagetext>Hello there,

Well, I'm very pleased to report that the fabulous folks at U. Ottawa are sending the graduate interview invitations. I just received mine via e-mail a short while ago. :D

What a journey to get here! Best of luck to all my graduate pool co-applicants. I hope to read some of your good news shortly, and see you on April 15th. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

(Edited in light of CornuAmmonis' good post!)

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there Adamanda,

Thanks for that. When is your interview at Ottawa? Perchance, it wouldn't be on the 15th, so I could potentially say hello in person? :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Makunouchi

Congratulations!

I just got that e-mail too. It's interesting that yours is on April 15th, because mine has been set for March 27th, and I'll be in Toronto that weekend for an interview on the 28th. I'll have to either figure that out on my end or give them a shout I guess.

Guest wassabi101

Congrats guys!

I'll for sure be lounging the tables those days and might get to meet you!

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Cheers,

wassabi

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there wassabi!

Lounging the tables? What does that involve? ;) I've heard that there is, at least, a registration table, and I'm supposed to make an appearance at it at 11am, but how does the remainder of the interview day generally proceed? (I won't be able to read the contents of my interview package until next week. :\ )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest shudvbeenafarmer

Hi all,

Sorry if you don't want to hear this but after reading the board and NOT getting an email, I called the admissions office at U of O. :o

They said they sent their interview invites via email this morning. If you didn't get an email, you didn't get an interview. :( You'll receive the official word in a letter in the mail sometime soon.

Unfortunately, no news does not mean good news in this case. :(

To all those in the same position as me, I feel your pain. But, I did my best and there is always next year! I'm right back at the drawing board with you.

Good luck and congratulations to those deserving folk who got interviews!:)

Farmer

Guest noncestvrai

I did not get an email, I am shocked by the last comment, really. My faith on the University of Ottawa really is at stake...

But really congratulations for the ones with an interview.

noncestvrai

Guest FrenchyMed

Kirsteen,

last year they set-up a registration table and some tables for applicants to sit at and wait. They make us come in early to the interview so we wind up sitting there for a while... You get a chance to speak to some 1st years who come by when they have a minute. I think they had juice and muffins/pastries for us last year. I was too nervous to eat...:o

The interview takes about 45 minutes. Before or after your interview, you can sign-up for a tour of the meds faculty (they have one in the morning and one in the afternoon I think). Last year, we did not get to see much due to SARS-related restrictions. Nicole Racine also runs a few info sessions during the day.

FrenchyMed

Guest Makunouchi

Hey Kirsteen,

I spoke with Nicole in the morning very helpful.

While talking with her, I asked about other activities for the 27th... there is a 12pm info session and a 1:40pm-2:30pm tour.

Not sure about other days, but I'm assuming it'll be similar.

Thanks MDSMelissa - Good luck on your interview next week

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback regarding the activities during the interview days, all. That certainly helps plan for the flight home. :) I'm very much looking forward to the tour of the medical school.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest wassabi101

Hi Kirsteen,

FrenchyMed is exactly right as to how the two hours of so proceed. I'll be lounging the tables you guys sit at prior to your interview, and force you guys to eat a little ;) - ya a good way to recognize me...I'll be stuffing my face with yummy muffins :b

Good luck guys!

wassabi

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there wassabi,

So I'll meet you then! (I think I may pass my muffin over to you though. No need for food before strenous activity. ;) )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest FrenchyMed

Hi guys,

1st - congratulations to those who received an interview invite! :D

2nd - some of us are planning a mock interview session in Ottawa Saturday. Check out the pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm43.showMessage?topicID=5.topic link for details. Time and location have not yet been set.

I hope to see you then. I would really like to meet the famous "Kisteen"...

Guest mydream88

I haven't checked this section of the board (mini protest due to my rejection letter :b ), though I am glad I just popped in!

I want to congratulate you on receiving an invitation to U of O. Boy, will they be lucky to meet you and get a glimpse of a how dedicated and well-informed you are (at least according to what I have read here at the site).

Best of luck,

I'm rooting for you :) ,

mydream88

p.s. I hope you hear good news from U of T soon too ;)

Guest turtle

hey kirsteen

i too just randomly checked this part of the board (it's taking me a while to get through all the threads after being away for a week!) and would very much like to say a big CONGRATS for your Ottawa interview. You must be so excited!! If you should have some downtime before/after and you are looking for someone to hang out with it would be great to meet you (a fellow Epi MSc med school applicant!). Though I promise not to be offended if you don't have time!! ;)

turtle

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there turtle,

Thanks for your good wishes! :D Yep, I'm pretty excited to be interviewing at all this year, but Ottawa is an especially dear and special little feat from this end given all the more obvious hurdles that they set out to jump in the process.

On hooking up, I'll be flying in the afternoon before the interviews, and then flying out the evening of the interview (Apr. 15th). I'll be getting together with some pals on the 14th but might you be around or near the medical campus on the 15th? If so, I'd love to say hello; especially given that I won't be able to attend CSEB this weekend. (Have a great time with that, by the way.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest turtle

yep, I'll be there (every day!) and would love to have coffee or something, even if it's just for a few minutes. let me see if i can figure out the messaging system on the board here & i'll send you my email address. too bad you can't make it to the conference this weekend (it's bad timing, i know...everyone's so busy with end-of-term stuff), it actually seems to have come together quite nicely. i think our final count is at 30 registrants!

turtle

Guest wassabi101

oh torture...how I miss Epi, the CSEB, (sigh) :\

It's so different from med school, at least these first two years...

ok back to PBL...

wassabi

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there turtle,

Great job re: the registrant number. :D I know that at least a couple of my UofT classmates will be there and are looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest turtle

hey wassabi

if you're around RGN on saturday (all day 9-5) feel free to stop by the CSEB student conference in Amphitheatre B. John Last & George Wells are our "keynote" speakers and we've got about 30 students doing oral & poster presentations.

turtle

Guest wassabi101

WOW! Fantastic! Thanks turtle :rollin I have band and med show practice throughout most of the day at RGN so I'll definitely be able to stop by!! Wohoo! But can I just walk in without paying? :\

It would be great to see some old classmates- Do you know what the turnout from McGill Epi or Biostats is?

Cheers,

wassabi

Archived