Premed 101 Forums

Best bank deals for your Line of Credit?

Guest ssup

Guest Blackbird15

Thanks for the advice! This website has again proved to be a great source of information. I guess this LoC business is something that'll have to wait until orientation, since I don't know anyone in my class...

take care,

Blackbird

• 4 weeks later...
Guest UWOMED2005

Looks like MD Management has completely severed the citibank LOC. They have, however, started a new LOC with National Bank of Canada (The forgotten one of the big six - many think it's big 5.)

I just got the Factsheet. As printed, it's almost too good to be true:

Medical School:

- Interest Rate: Prime

- No INTEREST or principal payments needed, but interest will accumulate

- Up to $30k/yr (NOT incl OSAP)

- Maximum $120k (NOT incl OSAP)

Residency:

- Interest Rate: Prime

- Interest Payment only

- Up to $15k/yr to a total maximum of $150k (NOT incl OSAP)

Practice:

- As low as prime, risk based pricing

- Interest plus principal payments begin 12 months after completion of residency

- Option to convert into fixed-term loan

The only negative about this is compared to the other LOC packages is the bank account fees aren't free - $2.75/month for unlimited transactions. But you don't need to have the Bank Account if you don't want to. . . though I'm not sure what transfer fees are for National Bank so it might be worth it.

Hi UWOMED2005,

Just wondering where you got this fact sheet, since the deal looks amazing - I would love to know who to contact about it (ie in Edmonton). Thought I was solid with RBC but I'm thinking twice about it after looking at your post.

Megs

Guest UWOMED2005

I got it from the person at MD Management who has been managing my old MD Management/citibank LOC. They literally received it the same day they sent it to me.

How's that for service.

Contact the MD Management reps in Edmonton. Try http://www.mdm.ca or TRUST ME. . . you'll know who they are by the end of O-week at U of A.

Guest UWOMED2005

Here's the link for all the MD Management reps for Ontario:

mdm.ca/md/about/index.asp...language=E

There's also quick access to all other provinces. . . I don't mean to be an uppity Upper Canadian. :)

And, yes, MD Management should be at the dinner hosted the night after the White Coat Ceremony unless they've changed the funding.

• 1 year later...

Archived