Premed 101 Forums

Describe Yourself?

Guest hesam7

In the secondary application for Albany medical college it asks to "describe yourself" (1000 characters). I really don't know what to write about, it is such a vague topic. Do i talk about my personality and character ( do I only focus on one attribute since the space is so limited?) And then relate my characteristics to that of a physician or something like that? Do I write a very brief autobiography?

Has anyone else come across this question? I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice on this.

Thanks in advance

Yes, that was a tricky question.

What I did was I mentioned my qualities relating to my personality/academics/extracurriculars. I used examples to show these qualities rather than simply stating them. I suggest focusing on a few major things about yourself rather than trying to tell your life story. I thought about what makes me, ME and any relating influences.

I agree, it's a tough question. I think they just want to get to know what kind of person you are. The only advice I can give is to be honest and do as they ask, describe yourself!

Madz

Archived