Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else have an interview this weekend?

Guest silverjelly86

Guest silverjelly86

I did, and thought it went OK, but it's hard to tell. I was a whole lot more nervous than I thought I was going to be, though. My panel was so intimidating!

Guest happy2bme

I'm sure you did fine, you're just probably thinking too much about what you said or didn't say. We all do that. After a few days, you'll have gone through every question in your head, think you were misunderstood, misinterpreted the question etc. etc. Ahh interviews, they all bring us down to earth........

If you didn't cry then it's all good!

Guest shetland23

dear happy,

you so understand me. i think i felt more stress after my interview. i kept second guessing myself and thinking about my interview what I could have said... etc.

i know i cant do anything now but to wait. but its nice to know i am not crazy.

J

Guest shetland23

Silver, Which ethics question did you have, mine was so hard. the current events one was difficult but fair. and the rest was mainly about me- which was good. And I forgot to ask them but when do we find out the results? Thank you.

When I left my interview last year I thought it went fairly well for the first few hours. As the day went on I started thinking about how terrible and half assed my answers were and started thinking of better things to say. As the week progressed and I heard about other candidates' experiences, I felt worse and worse until I pretty much was convinced that I didn't get in (I even prepared my undergrad schedule for the following semester). Don't worry about these feelings for now, everyone gets them. It all comes down to that envelope you will find in a few months.

Guest shetland23

Jag & Silver,

Congratulations on getting in Jag. and Thank you for being so understanding and for the support. This is my first time going through all this process and I feel my self-confidence is not 100% because of a recent separation. But you are so right, interviews are so subjective and I am my worst critic and I will not worry until May/June.

Cheers

J xx

ps good luck silver, i hope you'll get in

To add to this, I have more advice on this matter.

Try not to ever come back on these forums until the results come back. Don't try to ask other candidates how they did/ what questions they got/ what they said. It is probably easier said than done, but it will help you for the next couple of months. I am sure you can think up your own bad thoughts or self-critisicm about how your interview went, talking to others will just get you more anxious and make it worse when you hear about what happened to them (whether it is good or bad). Keep yourself occupied, and perhaps I will see you in the fall!

ps. Also, don't worry about stupid stuff about 'thin letters' or 'thick letters' coming in your mailbox. Everyone told me thin letters were bad news and I remember getting pretty disappointed when I saw a thin envelope in my mailbox. U of M probably changes it up depending on the year or how organized they are.

-Jag

Guest shetland23

Thank you silver :)

Jag, once again, you read my mind. Thank you. I will try to stop coming to the forum until come May. Good luck with your revision and exams.

Take care,

J

Archived