Premed 101 Forums

only 32 more days

Guest happy2bme

Guest IBMD

I believe that all waitlist/rejection letters will go out on the 15th. Susan told me that all letters will be mailed around that day, but the accepted applicants will also get phone calls early on.

Here's hoping...

ciao

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest happy2bme

ooooh excitement is in the air. I'm going out to buy the makings for margaritas either to celebrate or drown my sorrows....

actually maybe i'll just start tonight....

Dont' forget to post stats etc. after you receive your news whether it be positive or negative, after all, it never fails that someone with better stats than you on paper doesn't make the final cut and somehow I find comfort knowing that if I don't happen to get in I'm in exceptional company!

I spoke to adele last week and no further seats had been granted at that time! n

Guest wylie348

Hey - thanks Apic. Good luck to you too - once I know either way, then I can spend my 'free' time watching how things go for you! Take care, and try not to get too crazy!

:eek

Guest happy2bme

Does anyone know how many inprov are waitlisted and how many inprov got in off the wait list last year. I've looked at previous threads but none seemed to give that info for inprov. applicants.

48 hrs to go before I really start sweating.

Guest IBMD

Does anybody know

a) how much the in province waitlist moves (on average) at Calgary?

B) when it moves (when do most waitlist acceptee's get notified or are most of them waiting till the end of summer)

The countdown continues...

Ciao

Guest lookgoodinscrubs

Hi IBMD,

The ACMC released the following document which includes some statistics on each medical school in Canada. I think the "number declined" category is directly related to the number of waitlist candidates offered.

www.afmc.ca/docs/2005AdBk.pdf

I have no idea how valid the data is.

Regarding your second question, I have heard of people being offered spots up until August. I had a friend whom was accepted last summer from the wait list in mid-June. His stats were: GPA: 3.82, MCAT 27S. He had very little volunteer experience and had roughly half of the course requirements.

LGIS.

Guest wylie348

Well, I may be jumping the gun, but I wanted to challenge any acceptees (hopefully I am one of them) to a game of foosball in the student lounge once we are in! Of course you had better bring some duct tape - those poor players are in rough shape!

:)

Guest happy2bme

Funny how I felt so confident before this week now I feel that I might not even get waitlisted. No particular reason for the feeling but yet somehow it exists in the pit of my stomach.

I know I'm competitive with the stats/EC's/life experiences being posted but I've also seen 4.0/38MCAT get rejected, making me think "What the hell happened in that person's interview??" Although I 'm sure not everyone is 100% truthful when posting stats etc. Most are but some aren't.

Only time will tell..... Boy tomorrow this forum is going to be on fire!!!

Guest happy2bme

I'll take that challeng wylie and I will also suggest that if accepted we make a fundraising challenge to get a new table or fix the old one!

Guest chenzy

Yup, I got one at the NOSM and I won't find out from that school until May 31st. Slim chances though, with 56 spots for 400 interviews!

Guest wylie348

Well, I did some figuring, and we could purchase a really decent foosball table (and some extra players) for less than $1000, so 100 first years at $5-$10 per person, and we could have a new table!

Here is my pledge for $10 - any other takers?

(who am I trying to kid - my real goal is to take my mind of the next 24 hours!)

Guest lookgoodinscrubs

This is a silly question, but how often do you folks check this website? I'm upwards of 20 for sure.

In fact, I'm not sure that I've accomplished a single thing in the last week. I THINK I'M OBSESSED!

Good times.

:eek

LGIS.

Guest jlw

Agreed, I check it far too much more my employer's own good.. but I do *GREATLY* appreciate the moral support it provides:D Hang in there!!!!

Guest Braveheart

Yes, I too am obsessed with this website. Maybe when we all make it in, we can start a premed101anonymous club to try to break our addictions. I tell you, it must be easier to break the smoking habit than to break this website checking habit :hat :smokin Hopefully, the withdrawl will not be too bad.:rollin

Guest chenzy

Ha Ha, yeah, a premed101anonymous club may be what I need. Maybe some sort of 12 step program? I think the first step should be apologizing to my supervisor for procrastinating my experiments through this forum!

Guest CrazyKath

Alright everybody it's on! I've charged my phone and checked it compulsively and now it's out of my hands! Good luck to everyone, you've all been a great source of info and support throughout this process!

And hell ya I'm game for foosball!! There has to be some way to spend those -25C days inside!!

I swear I won't check this until tomorrow night... but I'm probably lying :D

Guest wylie348

I bet you checked this and it is still Thursday evening!

(Sorry, meaningless post, but hey - it kept me busy for 2 more minutes...I am that much closer to knowing!)

Guest IBMD

Alrighty all- final strech... I'm gonna try to tank out now.

Here's hoping we all hear good news tomorrow.

Take care,

Ciao

Archived