Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist and PFO Letters

Guest aimshigh

Guest frogcanada

Hmm well I'm actually IP, but I still haven't received my notification yet, so I have no idea whether I'm rejected or waitlisted (man I hate waiting!!)

:( :( :(

Guest myfunnyvalentine

I'm an oop from York and I was rejected last year as an early admissions applicant so I was thrilled to receive an

acceptance from Calgary this year. I also interviewed at Ottawa but I will be turning them down if I receive an offer because Calgary is by far my first choice. I already moved to Calgary a few weeks ago , to be with someone who is ill in the family, and I've lived here a couple of times before. It's a great city and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. ok, Back to the hockey game...

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there myfunnyvalentine,

I also interviewed at Ottawa but I will be turning them down if I receive an offer because Calgary is by far my first choice.
Do you mind if I ask if you've selected Calgary over Ottawa for school-specific (as opposed to personal) reasons? If so, would you mind sharing a few of those? I'd be quite interested in hearing your perspective. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest myfunnyvalentine

Hi Kirsteen,

I like Calgary for a variety of reasons. The academic reasons are that, as an older applicant (28), the shorter three year program appeals to me, I like the way in which the program is set up across the three years, and I have applied to the MD/PhD program at the U of C as well. I am very interested in a lot of the research that is going on in the neuroscience department here.

When I interviewed in Ottawa, I was won over, by the students, and all those organizing the interviews. It seems like a great school as well.

In the end, my decision is swayed by personal reasons, a love of the city of Calgary, the appeal of a three year program, and the possibility of doing research in areas of interest to me. oh, and I'm very excited to work out in the top-notch fitness facilities here!

Guest Makunouchi

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

Kirsteen... I was waiting for UBC but got that answer today =(... also waiting from UofA, UofT, Queen's, and Ottawa. Yes, it's my first time, so I decided to apply to many places.

G'luck to those on the list, maybe some UBC acceptees have decided to move the list.

Archived