Premed 101 Forums

Deferrals

Guest SpiderJ

Guest SpiderJ

I'm an in-province applicant, and I'm wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to defer an application if you're accepted off of the waitlist?

I haven't been accepted yet, but I will probably have to defer.

Thanks!

Guest 1Smiley

I wouldn't think that coming off the waitlist impacts your ability to defer. I'm not well-versed in the rules of deferrals. The only people that can answer that question with a 100% certainty would be the office staff. They're very approachable, so don't hesitate to ask them. I think most of us would be speculating, so it's best to get this info straight from the office should the situation arise.

Best wishes!

Guest fever meds

as far as i know: deferrals means that someone next year can't take that spot. thus they only do about 5 or so deferrals a year (about).

I think deferrals are only given out under special cirmumstances (i.e. finishing a masters or pHD) or maybe family/medical issues.

I don't think it is acceptable to ask that you just want a year of to travel though...again as you are then cutting someone else out next year.

I think also deferrals (if a lot of requests are made) are based on selection/reasons.

But asking Beth or Christie wouldn't hurt!

Archived