Premed 101 Forums

Does anyone watch the med school 101 forum?

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Just wondering, since a few questions were moved from here to that forum, and have received no further responses since then. It doesn't seem very active. Is that supposed to be where us newly accepted soon-to-be med students post our starting out questions? If so, maybe some of the med students in here could confirm that it does indeed get looked at too, especially this time of year. Maybe it's just me who didn't notice it was there until one of my posts was moved there... :lol

Thanks!

:D

Guest peachy

When you log in, all forums that have new messages are marked, so it's easy to see that the "med school 101" forum has new messages. Yes, that's where messages relating to starting med school, moving, LOCs, preparing, etc, should go. That way it's easier to find old messages, avoid discussing the same thing over and over, etc.

Guest summervirus

You also have to keep in mind that just because a message is posted and read, it doesn't mean that med students will reply to them right away. Med students are busy people and some don't have the chance to check or write messages every day. (I noticed you implied the same thing in the Alberta forum when a message wasn't responded to within a day by saying that the UofA was "vacant.") Just be patient. Sometimes it might take days to even weeks for replies to be made.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

OK -

Just curious as there only seems to be the recent handfull of (moved) messages in it. I suppose it hasn't been needed much until recently.

And yes, I know med students are busy and am happy that so many of you guys are willing to dole out your advice as often as you do - I've even wondered if some of you do go to classes with the frequency of posts. Thanks. :D

(and hopefully you realize the UofA comment wasn't serious - I just can't resist a good joke you know ;) )

Guest satsumargirl

Do you mean the Med school orientation 101 forum?

Cause I just scrolled down and the last post that I have showing was from last September.

I think with the "temporary" and pre-temporary forums it does make it harder to keep an eye on the forums way down at the bottom of the page though. It's easy to forget they are down there!

Anyway, hopefully others can see you posts and will get you an answer!

Sats

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

I'll let you in on a little secret - I'm not really a medical student. I'm actually an experimental artificial intelligence program running on a top-secret NSA computer in Virginia.

The project's goal is to convince a group of med students that I am, in fact, a real person. To add to the illusion my programmers have hired a washed-up, alcoholic former child-star to make occassional appearances around the UWO medsci buildings. But that's not really me. I'm just a collection of computer chips in a basement in Langley.

This is a follow-up project to the now fully functional "Project Dubya". In that project a human mind with an IQ of approx 70 was successfully simulated, and the simulation was able to successfully convince a major political party that it was really a human.

Or maybe I'm a just med student gone a little bit loopy from studying renal physiology all weekend. You can't prove it either way, can you? ;)

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFEcg68/HNgbK3bC2wRAsuWAKCUqKUSXFgjQdDPU14RVhB9ELq/1QCggW6N

9QD0r5LG/JG3Dlv9jFatWUc=

=5DGh

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Guest marbledust
Or maybe I'm a just med student gone a little bit loopy from studying renal physiology all weekend. You can't prove it either way, can you? ;)

Ploughboy is lying. He's not loopy from studying renal all weekend--he's like that all the time :lol

Just kidding (ploughboy is one of my favorite posters).

Good luck on the exam :)

Guest Talon01

My principle cells bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like it's better than yours...

and by 'boys' I mean K and by 'yard' I mean lumen...

Champ! You wish you could turn out like us!

Unfortunately most are normal and society-defined-cool like satsumagirl over there.

P.S. Talon from what I hear you get a lot of boys to the yard with all that "flow" and the "gradient" it creates.

Guest Talon01
P.S. Talon from what I hear you get a lot of boys to the yard with all that "flow" and the "gradient" it creates.

kekeke.gif

If I go to UofO will I turn out like OT6 and Talon01?

love.gif

Archived