Premed 101 Forums

Accepted?!?

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Figured I'd just get everything started in each Ontario forum before the big day. :) Given the thread below, it looks like there's no concensus as to whether the letters are going out tomorrow or on the 31st. Either way, best of luck, and I hope that each of you gets that great letter from Queen's!!!

Ian

Guest Lorae

Geez Ian??!!??!! What's with all your cross-posting... where is a moderator when you need one!!

:lol

Guest Nightriders19

Well folks, I called Queen's this morning, and this girl's gonna be a DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an offer of admission!!!!!!

This is my second application cycle, so it's been a LONG 2 years, but I am so happy and relieved right now!

I am still not sure if I am going to accept the offer, because I am waiting to hear back from Toronto.

Good luck to all the rest of you!

Nightrider

Guest mydream88

Congratulations Nightriders19,

that is great that you could call and determine your status, what a releif :)

good luck with U of T too!

mydream88:)

Guest coastal79

I'm such a putz. On a couple threads I've been saying we shouldn't call because it would bombard the offices with phone calls, then I get a call from a friend saying she had gotten in and said, truck it, I'm calling.

I'm in.......don't know how to express how happy I am...don't quite know how I got in.....

Queens is, and has been all year, my first choice.

Cheers!!!!!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Coastal79,

Queens is, and has been all year, my first choice.
What a great outcome and great to read! Bravo! :D

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I just can't do it, mydream. I have never been so distracted at work though. I can't seem to stay off the computer for more than 15 minutes...which means I'm not understanding the papers I'm trying to read at all!

Guest PaniDoktor

I got two letters in Ottawa today - a fat acceptance from OttawaU and a tiny little waitlist from Queen's. Nothing in the mailbox from Toronto and Western ... I'll now try to relax until tomorrow :\ .

Guest hringrose

Hi

I just called and was accepted at Queen's. I am also in at Ottawa. I found out the letters were sent to the wrong address though, so I have to wait quite a while to hear about Mac (they don't tell you over the phone). I am leaving for Europe very soon and probably won't get the letter before I go!!! Oh well, I will be attending U of Calgary (it is my first choice).

hringrose

PS MDSMelissa and NK- congrats on your acceptances- hope to hear good news from others I know!

Guest dddd

I just called, and was told I was accepted. I'm OOP. If anyone is concerned about calling, you shouldn't be. The person who answered the phone is very nice, and it sounded like she had a list right in front of her to check.

Does anyone know if other Ontario schools are giving out info over the phone?

Thanks.

Guest walkorbike

Hi, all,

I called too. Am in and very happy. Queen's really does well by its mandate to support aboriginal pre-med applicants and I commend them for that.

Aboriginal applicants for 2005, please apply to Queen's and also contact other universities for their pre-med First Nations/aboriginal health care career advisors well before the application deadlines! UBC and U of A have full-time advisors working in that capacity. There are a lot of terrific resources for you, including people who wish to help. Now would be a good time to start making enquiries if you are applying in the fall. If I can help, please drop a line in my ezInbox.

While Queen's seems like a great place in which to go to school, I believe I am heading out west for family reasons. Good luck, everyone, and enjoy the year ahead.

-walkorbike

edited to fix grammar

Guest Med2B

Congrats to everyone who have been accepted. Queens seemed like an awesome school to attend.

Coastal79: Does your first name start with a G?

You sound like a person who I talked to during one of the interview weekend dinners at Kingston. This person also had Queens as their first choice. Anyway, congratz

Guest JC15

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! To those on the waitlist...just sit tight...I was on 3 waitlists last year and then I got accepted to 2 schools on the same day. The waitlist moves a lot!

Looks like there's quite a few people from BC accepted. I'm also from BC, so if any of you have any questions about the transition to Ontario, fire away!

Cheers :)

Jenny

Guest Lorae

Congrats to everyone who has heard their good news!! It's so exciting to see people having their dreams come true!!

I'm was just accepted to Queen's too! There are so many things about the school that I loved, but my heart is still set on Calgary - so I'll be opening up a spot on the waitlist for someone.

Good lucK!!

Guest UBClebronjames

Hey coastal79 and MDSMelissa! Congratulations on your acceptances.. you guys deserve it.

Also if Justanotherpremed is reading congrats to you to buddy and DonaldKaufman you are the man buddy... congrats!

I'm pulling for all my interview weekend buddies, you guys and gals really deserve the best.

Archived