Premed 101 Forums

McGill??

Guest dentist2be

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dentforsure

no...they accepted 10 for OOP...sigh..Dreamcatcher...don't worry...i think u'll get into other schools...ubc say. I'm just rejected by ubc right out.

but CONGRATS to ANYONE WHO GOT INTO MCGILL!

Anybody emailed Patricia Bassett about their ranking, she didn't really reply my email, i asked her if i'm rejected or on waitlist and she just said she hasn't had time to place ppl on waitlist...what does that mean? I mean i'd like to know now if i'm at the top or at the bottom. The waiting game sucks cuz last year mcgill was still accepting OOP in August...so this is like neverending till school starts.

Guest LestatZinnie

there is no distinction between waitlist and rejection at mcgill. everyone who was interviewed and didnt get first acceptance will automatically on waitlist, i.e. no one is rejected. at least this was the rule when i applied 2 yrs ago.

Guest dentforsure

anyone checked their Minerva status? it says waitlist now and u have to accept the waitlist offer...it just sucks not knowing what my position is on the waitlist...i mean they should just reject me right out if i'm bottom half...sigh.

Hey dentist2be:

is mcgill your first choice?

Guest allycat03

Hey everyone,

Just went o my interview.. I really DON'T think I got in, but I have some info for you. The chairman of the department came to talk to me (He said I looked frightened!!). He said there are 10 out of province students, 10 in province, and 14 pre-dents from Quebec. These are seperate categories, so the waiting lists aren't the same (there's three waiting lists). They will accept more out of province students, as the accepted students decline the offer. Good luck to all of you!

Guest dentforsure

Checking out last year's msg board...it says everyone will get an email from Patricia regarding waiting list position. Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

Guest singh shady

hey guys:

I am new to this forum...i had an interview at mcgill as well (OOP), and I found out I was waitlisted...so i e-mailed patricia regarding my position on waitlist...i am #2 on the OOP list. Do you think I have a chance at all? Any feedback is appreciated.

thanks.

Hey dentist2be, looks like we may be classmates next year! What province are you from? For those of you waiting, I have been in your shoes, and I'm sorry you haven't found out about position etc. yet... sometimes it's really hard to get info about waitlist movement and sometimes you have to go through the whole application process again the next year (like me!). It can be agonizing waiting to find out! Bonne chance :-)

Guest dentist2be

thanks dreamcatcher...i'm sure I met you there I talked to a lot of peope..........hey tm congrats...i'm from Ontario...you?............and do you know what the conditions are since were accepted with conditions..thanks!....

Hey Guys! Yes I'm in and yes, McGill is my top choice. I will most definitely be attending in the fall :-)

As for the conditions, they are listed in one of the three attachments in Patricia's e mail. They are things such as sending final transcripts, finishing courses in progress etc. Shouldn't be difficult to meet the conditions...

I'm an Ontario girl myself... Can't wait to be in Quebec though! I think Montreal is such a cool city...

Lastly, I didn't meet you guys on interview day because I had an alternate interview day (I am in Africa right now!) so I can't wait to meet all of you soon. I am SO excited!! Gotta go. Later. TM

Guest singh shady

Anybode else from OOP got into mcgill in this forum apart from dentist2be and tm? congratulations btw..:hat ..

I also got an interview at toronto, but I was thinking of sending my cda-structured scores from uofa last year. Do you guys think if this a good idea, since interview counts for only 10% of the evaluation?

Guest toothist

I was put on the waitlist at McGill. My stats are:

gpa = 3.94 (on a 4.0 scale)

carving = 23

PAT = 18

Biol = 20

Chem = 21

Reading = 20

What are your stats Little Bantha? Did you get accepted or waitlisted?

Guest Littlebantha

Sorry toothist, I'm not applying until next year but your stats seem really great!

I'm sure you'll get in off the wait list.

Hey, does McGill use OMSAS or some form of it to compute your GPA?

How do they convert from a nine-point scale?

So where are those who are attending McGill planning on living in Montreal? Does anyone have any helpful advice?? I don't know too much about the city...

Guest allycat03

Hey everyone,

So I was wondering if anyone in-province got in at Mcgill yet? Or know someone who did? Last year the in province got the answers on March 8th so I've been stalking the boards for the past few days.

Archived