Premed 101 Forums

McGill??

Guest dentist2be

Guest dentforsure

i better post something more positive here for anyone still gunning for mcgill...

someone in front of me on the waitlist is 99.9% dropping...so i'm gonna assume i'm #3 now:D I believe none of the 1st 10 OOP still has dropped yet. Patricia hasn't replied my email regarding waiting list movement. It's been two weeks now...:x This wait is unbearable...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest allycat03

I'm still waiting. I was hoping that when the Mcgill Med gave out their responses, one of the in-provinces would drop out because they made med, but that hasn't happen. The rest of the Quebec schools give out their Med responses on May 15 th, so if no one drops out of Dent then I am... dead.... of course unless some miracle happens and I make med at one of the Quebec schools. The wait is terrible, on all fronts :rolleyes

Guest dentforsure

Hey Allycat,

Best of luck, you never know...i'm really counting on people getting into med too when ontario med results are out by end of May. It's just been disappointing to see that the it hasn't moved since UT results are out.:x In previous years by this time, it has already moved one to two spots.

Guest dentforsure

oop list still hasn't moved at all...last year by this time it has already moved 1 or 2...sigh..i'm starting to lose hope.

Guest snoop99

Seems like the story everywhere dentforsure, just ask madflossin.

I think y'all should just sit tight and wait till July. We should see some action in July, and you and madfloss bein high on waitlists, you'll get picked off, no prob.

Waiting sucks, I know. I dunno, try to get really good at poker, then when you're in D1 or D2 but super good at poker, go on the WPT. I'll be your agent

Guest toothy1985

Hey, I am wondering how the GPA scale for McGill works. What is an A at McGill from York university? does anyone know where I can find the GPA converter for McGill.

Guest toothy1985

hi,

could anyone tell me this:

if i apply in my 3rd year, will they be looking at my first two years only for the calculation of GPA or will they wait till my final transcript and then make their decision? please help.

Guest LestatZinnie

i believe you need to have a degree to apply to mcgill. so you can't apply in your third year, unless you're finishing up your degree in 3 yrs.

Guest toothy1985

i will be done my degree in three years i have way too many credits as i took more than usual in the summer.. but can you pls pls pls tell me if they will wait to get my thrid year final marks to make their decisions?

Guest BabyTooth

I have a friend who got in during third year. I believe they are graduating with a 3 year BSc. But, the offer is conditional upon maintaining your final marks. So, yes, you can be admitted during third year, but you must keep up your marks (they don't tell you exactly what GPA you must maintain). Hope that helps!

Archived