Premed 101 Forums

McGill??

Guest dentist2be

Guest dentist2be

Hey, I have no idea where i'm gonna like if I end up going to Mcgill...I wanna wait to hear from UofT first...but I love montreal..its an awesome city!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest singh shady

hey dentforsure:

congrats on being #4 on the waitlist..i am #2. and hopefully both of us get in by the end of summer..btw do you know if the waitlist moved at all since the acceptances?

singh shady

Guest dentforsure

Hey Singh! Ya...x-ing my fingers too. I'm not sure if the waitlist has moved at all. I doubt tho because none of other schools or med schools have sent out offers. I'm thinking of calling them at the end of apriil when Dal/UT results are out.

From last year's forum...

moved 1 spot in late march

another one in april 23

another in mid may

and i know #6 got offered in early august, turned it down so it went to #7

but looks like the Ontario ppl are considering Mcgill as 1st choice...soo...i'm not sure what's gonna happen.

which one is your first choice...UA or Mcgill?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dentforsure

I talked to Patricia this morning, she said the waitlist hasn't moved at all. She said that is quite normal as they are the first school to send out offers. She expects the waitlist to move in a month. Good luck! Meanwhile, I heard UBC waitlist has moved 5 already. So good luck to UBC hopefuls!

Guest madflossin

dentforsure - where'd u hear ubc waitlist has moved 5 already ?

they accepted top 55th percentile - does that mean u know the person with 50th percentile and they were accepted recently ???

Guest snoop99

5 spots at UBC would bring it down to 49th percentile, since each person takes up 1.125 percentiles.

Madflossin, congrats man, your #1 right now on the waitlist, only time now bro before you're in.

You're the first one to make it out of the ghetto, now you'll be throwin BBQ's everyday, no more sellin dope on the block.

The second UT sends out acceptances, you will get your email. I'm about 15 spots below you, so we'll see what happens.

Guest madflossin

i'm goin to vegas to celebrate prematurely ..... already bookin a flight - june 2nd - 5th ...... i'm gonna be ballin it up

Guest allycat03

Hey everyone,

I need some feedback. I'm in province and Patricia told me I was #1 on the waitlist. Unfortunately then she wrote that most in province students accept so it was really difficult to tell if I had a chance or not. Anyone know about in province waitlist moving at all?

Guest snoop99

That's tough allycat.

Isn't tuition for McGill In Province like in the 30,000 range? and moves up to 100,000+ for OOP? I think every dental school IP or OOP in Canada ranges from 100K to 170K except McGill IP, which is super low...

Correct me if I'm wrong??

McGill has a solid rep, and if your In Prov, you want to stay home close to your town, plus they add sugar on top and make it basically free compared to other schools???

I was told if you get in McGill as In prov, it is like winning a 100,000 lottery?? if it's true, could be hard for anyone to turn that down imo. But @#%$ happens, ppl may defer, get sick,

I think you have to hope that some ppl who got accepted into McGill IP get into MEDICINE. Then they will drop Dent if it was their 2nd choice, and you get your seat.

Good luck

Guest allycat03

Snoop: Yes, the tuition is cheap. I'm hoping/praying someone gets into Medicine, but that's the only way that I see someone not going to Mcgill in province.

Mcgill dentistry was my second choice, I want Medicine at Universite de Montreal as a first choice, but I'm not at all confident that is going to happen. Plus there are only 10 in-province (university students) for Mcgill I mean what are the chances that one of them makes Med? I swear I'm having a nervous breakdown. And I had to withdraw my application for dentistry at the Universite de Montreal (the only school I was 100% sure of getting into). So I kind of lost all my backup plans today. Oh and my main plan is in total jeapordy too. :( Thanks for replying. I guess I should start praying for the lottery...........

Guest snoop99

Oh sorry, I think I was including food/rent in that too maybe

Anyway you wanna cut it, McGill is great, best school in Canada at least as far as tuition is concerned.

I think to go to NYC it will cost a Canadian 100,000 a year in Can $ for all expenses including rent, food, etc for 400K total

That makes the most expensive schools in Canada seems like a bargain at 50,000 a year for 200K total

Guest blingbling

If you are #1 on any waiting list, I think you can just pretty much assume you've gotten in. Don't stress it. THere will always be someone who changes their mind, or can't go because of some unknown reason.

#2 should be worried though.

Guest Mr Shakur

Ally... sounds like you need to smoke a big fat azz joint and chill out :smokin , and if you dont smoke, let me know, and I'll smoke one for ya. :hat Anywho.... relax. If not this year, take a year off and explore the world, and do it again next year. Trust me, it'll be worth it in the end.

Guest allycat03

Mr Shakur :D . Smoke one for me. I already took a year off, if they force me to take another one, I will....Do evil, terrible things. That's why I'm going insane. I'd be happy if Patricia hadn't told me that most in province would accept so it was difficult to say GRRRR....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dentforsure

i figure i better post something here b4 it sinks to disappearance..........:b

anyone still waiting for mcgill?

Archived