Premed 101 Forums

moving times

I am a bit of a late comer to the group, I look forward to meeting all of you on the 28th. I have been frantically trying to find a place to live in Ottawa, and I have pretty much decided on the apt. buildings on Lees Avenue. I have already been approved and now they want a cheque for the last month's rent ASAP. The only problem is the place is not available until October 1st. I have a place to stay for the month of September, I was just wondering if some of the 2nd years (OT6, sat) could comment on if this is a good time to move, or if I will be too busy with exams and medical school in general.

Hi there,

I've got a solution for you. You coule live with us. It will be a lot cheaper than getting your own apartment. Check out my ad in the Housing section or see this below.

 Rent - $475/month + utilities

o last year utilities were $100/month per person

o Utilities = full cable package, Rogers internet accessible via wireless router, Water, Hydro, Gas, Bell landline

 Location – Haig Dr.

o 20 min walk to RGN or 5 min drive

o Close to - Goodlife (15 min walk), Grocery Store, Beer Store/LCBO, RBC, drugstore, etc. etc.

 Live with two male Meds 08 (3rd year) – Derek and Jason

 House Details– 3 bedrooms (one down stairs two upstairs), kitchen, dining room leading to large deck out back, one full bathroom with jet tub, two living rooms (one upstairs, one downstairs), washer/dryer, plenty of room for hanging clothes, deep freezer, deck furniture, BBQ

 Shed – for storage of bikes, etc.

 Fun stuff – Punching bag, rocking climbing board, ping pong table, air hockey table, PS2

 No pets please

If you have any questions, reply to me at derekbutterwick@hotmail.com instead of leaving a message here.

Cheers, Derek Meds 08

P.S. Congrats on getting in!! Hope to here from you soon.

Archived