Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS Medical School Application Question

Dart

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I really don't know a lot about Canadian medical schools as I am studying in the US. So I hope I don't annoy anyone with my question (I've tried searching the forums too).

I was wondering if it would be OK to copy and paste a response from an essay for one OMSAS Medical school to another. Do the medical schools compare your responses to other schools? (Would Western and Queens share your responses?) Will it look bad if I just copy + paste a response and modify it to fit the character limit? Some questions are really similar so I was hoping I could do that (I'm applying to a ton of schools so it'd help if it was allowed).

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! :D

Cheers,

Tim

I was wondering if it would be OK to copy and paste a response from an essay for one OMSAS Medical school to another. Do the medical schools compare your responses to other schools? (Would Western and Queens share your responses?) Will it look bad if I just copy + paste a response and modify it to fit the character limit? Some questions are really similar so I was hoping I could do that (I'm applying to a ton of schools so it'd help if it was allowed).
I am fairly sure that schools do not have access to your application questions for other schools. It is definitely okay to base your essay from one school on another. I would assume that the vast majority, if not all, applicants do this--I certainly did.

Archived