Premed 101 Forums

Monday = registration

Hey!

Just wondering if someone can give some insight about the registration Monday morning... I am assuming that it is just a time when we go in, sign some stuff and make sure we have all our requirements (shots, cpr, etc). The reason I am posting is that the schedule we received said that registration starts at 08:00 and nothing else is on until 11:00... just wondering if the registration thing is a sit down and listen to stuff (i.e., you should be there at 08:00 or you miss out on "essential information" and are doomed to be a horrible dr for the rest of your career), or.... could one take the opportunity to sleep in a bit and not show up until 10:00 and still miss nothing? Just curious ;)

FYI

A classmate of mine said that she accidentally slept in on the morning of registration in first year. The administration called her and told her that if she didn't show up, her spot would be replaced with the next person on the list. She hasn't been late to a class/clinic/OR since that day!!

Have fun next week!

You basically wait in a variety of different lines for 3 hours. There's one to check in and get your info package, another to buy formal tickets, another to pickup some random things and another to get your student card picture taken. Try to be as close to 8am as possible but if you're a little late it's no biggie. Enjoy o-week!

Archived