Premed 101 Forums

Any relative easy english course?

At your university, you can just go to http://www.ratemyprofessor.ca and click on your province/school and then look at what your fellow students have to say about the English profs. I've used that site and its American counterpart quite a bit in the past when I had to take a class in a department I was really not familiar with, and have found that people's reviews are generally pretty reliable. Of course there's some variation, and you have to take it with a grain of salt - some people won't do any work, flunk the class, and then complain that the prof's too hard - but generally, the bulk of the ratings are good.

I don't think that there is such thing as "easy" English course in university.

I believe all English courses that contatins literature study + essay composition(Which I believe that pre-req English course should contain) will be the same level across Canada.

Not only that, how are you going to explain to admission committee when they ask "Why did you take this English course as a distance in UBC?"(I'm not obviously saying UBC offers easy English course, just an example of far-away school) Well..you obviously can't say that's the only place that offer distance English or to get easy marks..

Just my two cents, but I might be wrong.:)

I don't think that there is such thing as "easy" English course in university.

Sure, I would say the difficulty levels may average out between schools.

But within a school for example, there are certainly 'easier' English courses than others due to different profs.

Good point about putting a different random school on your transcript just for a DE course though.

Not only that, how are you going to explain to admission committee when they ask "Why did you take this English course as a distance in UBC?"(I'm not obviously saying UBC offers easy English course, just an example of far-away school) Well..you obviously can't say that's the only place that offer distance English or to get easy marks..

Just my two cents, but I might be wrong.:)

I think you could make your way around it if you took it in the summer and had a day job. Just say that you couldn't fit a lecture hall class into your busy schedule and you were not about to reject an interesting job or internship to take a class (now, for that you do have to show some decent summer job though).

Archived