Premed 101 Forums

Putting in events that sound fabricated?

I had a severe case of food poisoning when I was young, which initiated a curiosity in medicine. However, the only verifier I have for that is in another country, where it would be hard to get someone who speaks English. It really is true and this is my first encounter with medicine, but should I just scrap it since it sounds very fabricated? (even if it's true..argh my frustration)

Hey,

I wouldn't sweat it too much- if it's something that's happened to you personally, I'm sure that your experience can vouch for the validity of the event, provided it's not something overly sensational, like winning the Nobel Prize. Food poisoning isn't something I'd worry too much about- the success or failure of your application won't hinge on your ability to recruit someone to vouch for the fact that you got food poisoning!

Interesting question. Well let's say for the sake of argument that you did fabricate that entry about food poisoning. I don't think that one "phony entry" will determine whether or not you get accepted/rejected from medicine. Personally, I would get a family member/friend to be a verifier.

Archived