Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS application submitted

Hey guys,

I'm pretty worried.... My reference letters sent theirs in around Sept 18th... and all 3 sent them. But I didn't actually submit my app until Oct 2nd.

Anyway it's now the 7th and all 3 of my referees still say "Still Outstanding."

Does anybody else have this or is it just me?? Do you think it was a problem they mailed it in so early, or would OMSAS have hung on to them and are still working up updating it??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey Orchid,

I remember reading somewhere that the OMSAS application may not be completely verified until October 15. So, I would wait till that date to see whether all references have come in by that point. I wouldn't be too worried at this point since OMSAS may still be opening mail and inputting it into their databases.

Good luck.

Yea...that's what I figured. The outdated reference said he called OMSAS and they told him that everything would be fine. He's a pretty busy guy so I can see why he probably waited a little bit before handing it in. I am glad OMSAS accepts reference letters until deep into December.

I just recently joined these forum chats for pre-med students and its great to see that you all are in the same boat as I am, with regards to feeling a general sense of anxiety and all. I also felt a great sense of relief after I had submitted my application, but that sense quickly subsided once I realized that I would have to wait until early February before invitations are sent out!! Oh well, c'est la vie! Good luck to all!

Archived