Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS application submitted

What was your experience when you finally hit the submit button?

For Me:

Time of submission: 14:57 EST, Sept 28, 2006

I had to close my eyes when I hit the final submit button (after you put in your credit card etc. info)

I feel like I'm still working on it, sort of like when you get out of a car after a long trip and feel like you're still moving.

hi all,

i'm also in the submitted club.. and also in the "not feeling any relief" club. LOL... i need to get off this board as i submitted last week!! ahahah.... how will i ever wait for january?!!

congrats to everyone who is almost done! i did mine with some tv in the backgroud for white noise.. it seemed to make it a bit easier when entering all the info.

best of luck!

chrail

hi all,

i'm also in the submitted club.. and also in the "not feeling any relief" club. LOL... i need to get off this board as i submitted last week!! ahahah.... how will i ever wait for january?!!

congrats to everyone who is almost done! i did mine with some tv in the backgroud for white noise.. it seemed to make it a bit easier when entering all the info.

best of luck!

chrail

I could have used every single word in your post for mine (including the stuff about the TV), so that's what I'm doing. :o

Yeah .. OMSAS was extremely slow last nite (much slower than last year if I remember correctly).

Was it true that many applicants wait till the last minute? It would be interesting to see the statistics ... like a daily submission stat, or maybe an hourly stat for the last few days before the deadline :rolleyes:

Done too-I was worried, it was a bit slow this morning, but quick this afternoon.

I had a real fright when they said that I hadn't ordered my transcripts. I'm a dork and misread the website so I had sent the transcripts from the registrar's office directly instead of ordering them through OMSAS. The wonderful phone lady said it was ok and as long as I ordered it today through the site all would be well in my world.

Why can't I stop shaking?

Done. I have to admit I was shaking right before I hit 'submit'. I feel like celebrating with a beer (or two, or three) but I might have to hold off until a bit later.

I want to thank everyone who helped me on these boards with the application process. And best of luck to all those who applied!!

Ahimsa

DONE!!! I actually feel more scared now that I did before...it's all out of my hands I guess....

Now it's the wait for MCAT scores...

Good luck to all who applied (but less luck than me of coures :P)!

Yeah, OMSAS are money grabbers. I promise to crush them one day for not holding out 2 weeks until MCAT scores are released. They don't even forward all the material to medical schools until later in the month.

i submitted at 1145 am this morning.

what a relief!

the system was running very well compared to last night at 230 am EST!!!! it probably took a good 30 seconds to a minute to load ANYTHING (at least on my ancient 7 year old computer it did:p )

congratulations to everyone for finishing the job!

now back to your regularly scheduled life...

DM

Archived