Premed 101 Forums

3.68 cumulative GPA does it include summer courses as well?

Just remember that the 3.68 and 32P posted on the website has no relationship with what is required for you to interview this March/April 2007. The cutoffs fluctuate with the quality of the applicant pool. In otherwords, Queen's only wants to interview 450 students out of the 1000+ applications. To do this, the adcom will set cutoffs which narrow the pool down to 450.

What this means is that for anyone applying right now is that just because you have made the cutoffs posted on the Queen's site, doesn't mean you have interviews. You will find the interview 07 cutoffs in December.

Also, this is totally speculatory of me but with the double cohorts applying this year, you may expect a more competitive cutoffs - both here and Western.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wondering if the 2year GPA is is average between the two, or do you have to make the cut each year? (worried about 3rd year 3.75) and if you take more than 5 credits in a year, do they drop a credit like Western? Any help is appreciated and maybe I can get some sleep....

Hi Kyle. Both GPAs are averages. I have a friend who got below 3.6 in his first year but his second year was much better. Queen's averaged his 2 completed years and he was eventually admited into Q.

If your 3 year average is not above the 3.68, then Queen's will allow you to drop your lowest year and then will use your 2 best years in the calculation for the 3.78.

If you are a 3rd year applicant, then you will be compared against the 3.68. Queen's will not allow you to drop your lowest year because then you'd only have 1 year for interview calculations.

I hope that this has been coherent.

D

If your 3 year average is not above the 3.68, then Queen's will allow you to drop your lowest year and then will use your 2 best years in the calculation for the 3.78.

D

Just to clarify, Queen's does not drop your lowest year and look at your best 2 years. If you cumulative gpa doesn't meet the cutoff (3.68), then they will look at your LAST 2 years (not best 2) and see if that makes the alternate cutoff (3.78)

• 2 weeks later...
Just to clarify, Queen's does not drop your lowest year and look at your best 2 years. If you cumulative gpa doesn't meet the cutoff (3.68), then they will look at your LAST 2 years (not best 2) and see if that makes the alternate cutoff (3.78)

That's what it says on their website.

**If the applicant does not make the GPA cutoff based on their cumulative average, we will consider as an alternative the last two years of full-time undergraduate study.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also interested in what Kyle asked. If you take more than a full course load one year (and no light years) do they drop the extra credit? I have also posted a similar question under the UofT forum. If you know the regulations for any schools please let me know. I know obviouslt UWO drops it. And Mac seems to use everything summer and all.

Archived