Premed 101 Forums

MSc Student - U of T admissions Thread

Hello everyone,

I am an MSc. student applyin this year.

Undergrad GPA: 3.70 (lowest year dropped according to U of T).

Grad GPA: A- (0.5 credit)

DAT: Writing Nov'06

I am applying to U of T this year. I checked over the stats from last year. Pretty competitive, 3.70 minimum for an interview???? I'm pretty freaked out about whether I can make it to the interview at least with my grades. Based on last year's stats ...I barely hang on to the cutoff. If it was to change at all this year, I'd be screwed.

I think there's going to be an insane # of applicants this year. U of T DAT writing center was fully booked this year!!!!!!

Any thoughts of comfort for the struggling one??

G'luck to all writing the DAT this year.

U of T is my first choice. Wouldn't want to get outta the city. Too attached.

But, I am open to other options. I was thinking of applying to Western and possibly Manitoba....Mcgill and UBC deadlines are a bit too early??

Based on your reply adversary...you're not too optimistic either??

Thanks for all your comments. Would like to see what other people have to say about this application cycle in Ontario.

I was not expressing any feelings. I was just curious why you do not consider other Dental Schools since UT is one of the hardest ones to get in. I do know your stats are competitive for UBC. As for Western, I only know that accepted applicant GPA avg is close to 85%. I do not know about the other schools since I never did apply to them, including UT - I only heard UT is very competitive.

mkmkhan, dentistry is a tough go everywhere in Canada it's becoming super competitive to get in. I finished my masters in september and didn't get into dentistry so for now I'm working as a research tech and applying again. The best advice I can give you right now is make sure you hammer the DAT, your gpa is around the same as the applicant pool but getting a killer DAT score will help distinguish you from the others.

good luck

Hi mkmkhan,

You should apply........we have a few masters students in our class. And with the new admission team in place last fall, they have looked more favourably towards graduate degrees.....

But certainly what the otehr 2 posters above said is true....GPA's are hitting the peaks these last few years...

UT Dents

Archived