Premed 101 Forums

UofT

Guest wab8611

Guest wab8611

so on a scale 1-10 how hard is UofT really.. everyone i know who just finished up first year is either failing, just passed, or in the low 60's. and these are all people who wanted to go into medschool..

Guest 4shattered4

I think it's a really hard question to answer since it really depends on the student's background and how hard they've tried. Some people who did IB and AP told me that first year was actually easier than high school. Personally, I thought it was harder than high school since I just went to a normal program, but life sci is definitely do-able if you work hard.

Don't worry so much..if you are doing well in high school now, you will probably do well next year as long as you start to get the hang of things and put in the effort =)

Guest Jixe

wab8611,

I can understand why you're asking these sort of questions.

There's also one other thing you should understand: the cream will always rise to the top. There will always be students who get A's and there will always be students at the other end of the spectrum. Not everyone can have A's.

Try your hardest, have fun and strive for the best. If you can't garner such a mindset, then you'll be going in circles asking such questions about each and every school.

Like everything else in life, it's all relative. You may know people that have gotten sub-par marks, but that has no bearing on how you will eventually perform. People have to get As and unless you plan on punching out the course coordinator, then I don't see why that person can't be you. Work hard, keep everything in perspective and don't stress out too much about stuff like this.

Archived