Premed 101 Forums

What will it take to get an interview at UWO

Seeing that this year there are about 700 applicants to UWO I was just wondering what everyone thinks will be needed in terms of GPA and DAT scores to get an interview... There are some pretty crazy GPA's and DAT scores being posted so I cant help but worry whether or not I make the cut. Any estimates on what the cuts might be?

Hello,

HERE'S A BIG GUESS:

Anybody with DAT score of at least a 90 and an 80 percent for the best two years will be either get an interview or be on the waiting list for the interview.

Anybody with with DAT scores with a 100 total (regardless of your craving score) and an RC of at least 19-20 - better if it's 20 - and an average of about 83%-and up will be guaranteed an interview (this for applicants that do not have another degree or masters or PhD).

I believe that those with a "special degree" could have averages as low as 80% and be given an interview with DAT scores about 100.

To be accepted it all comes down to the interview. If you have an awesome GPA but if you don't do well on the interview then your chances are slim. But that would be great for those with a lower GPA with an awesome interview.

I also predict that if you watch "The sound of music" - that is practically on EVERY CHRISTMAS season - you'll get in too :D. Happy holiday's everyone

I am gonna toss out a huge guess too.

There are I think like 670 applicants, up from 590 last year, which is up from the normal 450ish before the double cohort. So relative to last year, I don't think the double cohort effect will be too bad.

I think many double cohort keeners and gunners made it in after third year, so those guys won't be in this cycle. Overall, I don't think the standards will go up too much this year. You can compare this to Queens medicine, where the interview requirements actually went down, because they do take third years and the double cohort keeners got in last year.

Anyways, so my guesses for an interview for the average student:

Avg - Overall 82%

DAT - RC 19 Cut-off - AA of 19

Now, my guess for what the final stats for the class of 2007 (post - waitlist):

Avg - 86%

DAT - RC 21 - AA of 20

As you see, I think things will stay very similair compared to the class of 2006.

Let's make a cash pool for who can get the best guess haha

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, those are all huge guesses. We have no idea of what the actual values will be for a little while.

About the RC cut-off and high average, I am not too sure if UWO uses a hard or soft cut-off. Your average is stellar, so that might be a factor, however some schools are pretty strict. Sending an e-mail would be the best bet.

Or just wait, since nothing can be done now anyways, unless you are considering rewriting in February.

• 3 months later...
Seeing that this year there are about 700 applicants to UWO I was just wondering what everyone thinks will be needed in terms of GPA and DAT scores to get an interview... There are some pretty crazy GPA's and DAT scores being posted so I cant help but worry whether or not I make the cut. Any estimates on what the cuts might be?

How do you know there are 700?! and holy majoly!

Archived