Premed 101 Forums

McGill

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask a few questions about the advance standing option for foreign-trained dentists at McGill, I've read the details about it in the faculty's web page but I need more info. I sent an email to admissions regarding this, it's been 4-5 days since then but no reply so far.

I hope someone can give me an insight, so here it goes:

- Tuition fee (is it the same as the tuition fee for the 3rd. and 4th. year of the regular DMD program?)

- Recent stats of admissions (were there any acceptances offered to the foreign-trained dentists in recent years since it is offered depending on space availability?)

Hope to hear from you,

Thank you in advance,

sorry, can't help u with ur q's...and now is a very busy time for the admissions office at mcgill so their email accounts are probably backlogged quite a bit...

if you are foreign-trained however, i would guess that you pay tuition for international students, which is actually quite expensive. not sure if you've done so already, but browse around this health sciences calendar, you will find tuition info for international students:

http://coursecalendar.mcgill.ca/hs2006-07/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

Thanks FullMetalDS and predent for your replies,

One thing I wanted to add, does this apply to everyone regardless of their citizenship status?...I mean, If someone is a permanent resident of Canada, can't he benefit from his permanent residence status for tuition purposes?...What about those who have specially gotten their residence from Quebec, wouldn't they benefit from it If they intend to apply to McGill?

Thank you,

Yes, you are right, Quebec tuition is the cheapest. So you are confirming that if someone is a Canadian citizen/permanent resident (and more better Quebec resident:D ) will have to pay in-province tuition for the advance standing program if admitted, right?

Thank you for your help,

PS: I'm not a Canadian citizen yet!:cool:

Yes, you are right, Quebec tuition is the cheapest. So you are confirming that if someone is a Canadian citizen/permanent resident (and more better Quebec resident:D ) will have to pay in-province tuition for the advance standing program if admitted, right?

Thank you for your help,

PS: I'm not a Canadian citizen yet!:cool:

If you are applying as a foreign trained dentist, you will pay international student tuition.

http://www.mcgill.ca/student-accounts/fees/tuition/undergradfees/dentistry/

http://coursecalendar.mcgill.ca/health2005-06/Health%20Sciences-4-05.html

i'm not sure that that is true...there was a person in second year who transferred from some school in the states and he was canadian, i think he is not paying international tuition. i could ask him next time i get a hold of him, or you could try to phone into the admissions office and ask them directly so they couldn't put your msg on the backburner like by email.

i'm not sure that that is true...there was a person in second year who transferred from some school in the states and he was canadian, i think he is not paying international tuition. i could ask him next time i get a hold of him, or you could try to phone into the admissions office and ask them directly so they couldn't put your msg on the backburner like by email.

Of course. Why would a dental student from the US be considered a foreign trained dentist?

Foreign trained dentists are those who have already completed their dental training overseas. In order to practice in Canada or the US they need to take 2 years of dental training in North America.

Archived