Premed 101 Forums

Increase in admission seats

Hi guys, i have also heard from a pretty reliable source that the enrolment numbers of 72 this application cycle has been pretty much confirmed. Hopefully it will be made official in the website soon.

In addition there are talks about possibly expanding the medical program into a sister campus also, ie The University of Regina, so there is definitely some exciting news to look forward to!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey FrenchFrog,

Do you by any chance no if this change increases number of OOP spots?

Zuck

I asked for you, and according to the SMSS President, who discussed this news with the Dean, the new number of OOP spots isn't confirmed, but will most likely remain at 10% of the total class number. So, I guess that means there will now be 7 OOP spots, or 7.2, but I don't know what 0.2 of a spot would look like. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!! Thanks!

I am STILL IN vegas LOL... leaving tomorrow afternoon, sigh. A balmy 25C today, blue skies, beautiful. I actually don't gamble LOL but I kind of like the craziness and lights and 24-hour availability of chocolate covered strawberries and some of the most interesting people I've ever met...LOL mind you, I can stand about 3 days of it max but it's nice to get away.

So you guys actually get time off? LOL... I love this school:)

I forgot to ask... I know that there doesn't seem to be an official tour, but I am wondering if there will be any opportunity at all for a quick tour of the facilites, or the campus, or anything interesting that would make or break my decision to go to UofS. Are any interested med students allowed to maybe give us a bit of an impromptu tour at all? I am flying in Fri night (late) and staying till Sunday late (cheaper flights) so I woudl have time after my interview to see stuff...I am coming to the reception of course, and looking forward to it immensely.

Hey momo,

I believe there is a tour (optional) that you can sign up for where med students show you around...I think the details will be in the snail mail package.

Also there is gonna be billeting service for those of you who need a place to stay for the night at one of the med students place.

UofS2010

• 1 month later...

Archived