Premed 101 Forums

When to write the DAT?

Hi,

I'm currently in my 3rd year, and am considering writing the DAT in november (which would be during my fourth year). I was wondering if writing it during november would be adequate for applying during my fourth year, or if it is necessary to write it in February 2007 to apply in my fourth year. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm currently in my 3rd year, and am considering writing the DAT in november (which would be during my fourth year). I was wondering if writing it during november would be adequate for applying during my fourth year, or if it is necessary to write it in February 2007 to apply in my fourth year. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes writing the November DAT 2007 would be sufficient in order for you to apply in your fourth year (Dec 2007). Unless you are prepared you can write it this upcoming February, if not, then your only chance is to write it this coming November if you want to apply next year. But let me remind you that if you write it in November (of your fourth year) you will not receive your DAT scores prior to applying (that is your scores come out after the dental school application deadline, December 1, 2007). However, most people get a good feel as to how well they did on the DAT and most people's judgments are right; based on that they decide whether to apply or not. I hope this helps

-Wisdom_tooth

Archived