Premed 101 Forums

I was not prepared for this

So about a couple of days ago I was signing up for the DAT online and I didn't realize that they made you choose which school you'd like for them to sent your DAT scores to during time of registration (I thought it would be some time after). I know I definately want to apply to Western, Toronto, NYU and and Boston however, I need to choose one more American school. The reason I chose NYU and Boston University was based on people I have talked to who have been accepted to dental school in both the states (NYU and Boston) as well as in Canada (Western), it seems as though both NYU and Boston U are "canadian friendly" when it comes to accepting Canadian students. To be honest I haven't put much thought into American schools, I really want to get into Western or Toronto. I have been visiting all the american schools' websites and the vibe I get is that most of them give priority to American students from that state (which i fully understand) furthermore, it feels as though they are not really open to international students. Any suggestions??

tufts, university of louisville or university of kentucky are all canadian friendly.

As mentioned tufts is great, so is Boston U and NYU are canadian destinations down south (if your willing to shank 250 K USA D's), UPENN is a hot spot for people with decent marks and DAT, if you look on their website you'll notice they accept 3-5 canadians every years. Good luck!

Archived