Premed 101 Forums

what courses for york?

Guest wab8611

Guest wab8611

i still want to go to UofT st george, but what if i dont get accepted?

i have just been accepted into york university and i was wondering what courses would you (who have attended york) take/ think is best to take to help prepare you for medschool..

Guest purplefairy13

Hey :)

Congrats on getting into York!! In first year, you really don't have much choice anywhere: calculus, biology, chemistry, physics/psychology/sociology, elective (let me suggest english, french, or economics). Try and go down the 'life sci' path, but still leave your options open.

If you really really want to go to uoft, then wait it out, but conditionally accept york ;)

Good Luck

Guest purplefairy13

I agree with linkinpark that you want high marks, but don't take complete BS courses (i.e. no basket weaving, semiotics, history of basket weaving with applications to semiotics....:lol ). Even though you want to get into medicine, you should still plan for contingenies...so unless your backup plan is to play in the symphony (or you are really really good at music), then I'd take accounting or something....just in case.

:D

Guest studentz

Hi,

I did a few classes there this year. Advanced Biochem, Psychology of Death and Dying, and Psychology of Group Behaviour. All were easy (2 A+, 1 A) but Psych of Death and Dying was an outstanding class with a great prof (Fleming). I know a lot of what I learned will stay with me. The other two classes were not very good and the prof for the group behaviour class was the most boring one I have had--yes, worse than Mackay for PSL302 at UofT. I also took Health Care Law (ADMS4740) which was pretty easy too. The whole mark was 30% for a first draft paper and the rest for the final draft. York is ridiculous when it comes to putting up grades so I'm still waiting on that one.

Archived