Premed 101 Forums

Hey OT6, what's up?

hey all-

i just called the admissions office to hear the message again... I dunno but the message seems more optimisitc than people are letting on...

I mean why wouldn't they have said that there will be a waitlist formulated like MAC and Mcgill have in the past...

All hopes are on OT6- please try to get any more info if possible ie if most offers have been given out- who's left ie grad pool applicants? people from ottawa with low gpas, are their ties to be broken, verifiers left to be called, scheduling issues?

i'm goin nuts

I just called too. It doesn't seem too optimistic. It just says that they expect to be done by feb9.. which could mean everything was already sent out and loose ends will be dealt with before feb9.. OR (we hope), more invitations will be coming out regularly.

I think OT6 confirmed this already, s/he (he i believe) said that most invitations have gone out.

Perhaps I've read too far into this but the lady says "we have BEGUN", not that we have SENT OUT ALL...also- why is the confirmation date for interviews feb9th-? Unless there's a back up set of invites and they will be sent to replacethose who back out, and rejections for the rest sent by FEB 9th by 430...

besides what does 'most' mean anyway? AND how is it justified that some people are privy to more info that others... also note that we were told that interviews would be sent out at 8am on monday- which they weren't, rejections would be out on the same day, and we wouldn't hear till the middle of the week either way... ALL falsehoods...

med hopeful.. someone else made the statement of 8 AM on Monday.. I have no clue where that came from and that person hasn't posted since saying that. the thing about rejections coming out the same day was posted by past applicants from what they remember. you can't believe everything you read on this forum and you can't let some of it being wrong frustrate you.. this stuff isn't verified. the only thing i said which i was wrong about was that invites would go out middle of this week.. i guess their programmer got on it quicker than expected.

and why is it justified? cause i'm the admissions rep for my class so it's my job to keep track of things :) (but it's not my job to come on this forum and post these things.. it's something i've done the last 2 years to help out with the anxiety so its a bit frustrating to see its making some of you a bit more anxious) the admissions office isn't going to tell you details because frankly they can't know for sure until they start hearing back from the invites they've already sent back.. not everyone who gets an interview actually attends.. which is good news for people who haven't heard cause it means there are spots opening up. most of the emails going out between now and feb 9th will likely be rejection letters. this is all i'm going to say about it and the voice message has been set up because of the office being inundated with phone calls.

And regards to zero-T-6.. it's cause I was undergrad UofT class of 2006 and it was the first thing I thought of when I signed up for this board :)

Perhaps I've read too far into this but the lady says "we have BEGUN", not that we have SENT OUT ALL...also- why is the confirmation date for interviews feb9th-? Unless there's a back up set of invites and they will be sent to replacethose who back out, and rejections for the rest sent by FEB 9th by 430...

I don't think you've read too far into it, they have begun sending them out, there's a few more to be sent. I don't see how you could read too far into that at all.

What is wrong with February 9th? Would you prefer another arbitrary date?

besides what does 'most' mean anyway? AND how is it justified that some people are privy to more info that others... also note that we were told that interviews would be sent out at 8am on monday- which they weren't, rejections would be out on the same day, and we wouldn't hear till the middle of the week either way... ALL falsehoods...

Definition of 'most' from the American Heritage Dictionary

most (mōst) Pronunciation Key

adj. Superlative of many, much.

a.Greatest in number: won the most votes.

b.Greatest in amount, extent, or degree: has the most compassion.

2.In the greatest number of instances: Most fish have fins.

Some people (0T6) have more information that others due to their affiliations, in particular, to the admissions committee (you know, the one that sends out the invites to candidates)!

You were told when the invites were being out by someone on an internet message board. Part of being a good physician is understand what is a credible source of info and what isn't (public message boards fall under the latter I'd think). Your 'falsehoods' were all generated from misconceptions generated from reading a message board.

Archived