Premed 101 Forums

UBC Interview Approaching

Hey guys

I heard that in province applicants have their interivews on the 10th (OOP on the 17th), so i guess all of you must live in BC. Good luck :)

does the order of interview mean anything? is it based on gpa (eg. applicants in the 9 am interview have higher gpa than those in the afternoon)? or it is completely random?

hello!!

Yes, I did apply to U of A, as well. Being in-province helps, I suppose.

But UBC is my first choice. I know we have to wait to use the new clinic, but I think the wait is well worth it! People say the program is mixed with the med school, but it doesn't bother me too much. An opportunity to make new friends! I mean, it's not like they don't teach us anything about dentistry the first couple years. PLUS, Vancouver is an awesome city.

So I guess I proved that UBC is my first choice!

I am above average on all the statistics except AA.. I have a 18 in it. I don't know if it is going to hinder my application. What do you think?

How about yourself? Where else did you apply

________

YAMAHA FJ1200 SPECIFICATIONS

Bellaortho:

I know you have sent me a message, but I cannot answer you for specific reasons. Please sign up for a tour on your interview date - you will get to see the new clinic and meet some current dental students. This event is arranged by me.

TO EVERYONE:

if you have any suggestions, ie. what you would like to see, know, please contact me.

Hey bellaortho

I only applied to UBC...for this year. Two members of my family have been through UBC dentistry and both had nothing but good things to say about the program. They have both also completed residencies in the states and commented on the high quality of training they received down there, so if I don't get accepted this year then I'll apply to the states next year, as well as more Canadian schools.

Hope to meet at the tour! I haven't heard anything about it yet (besides mentioned in an email)...have you?

Adversary:

I would love to get some information on the tour.. Let me know when any details open up.

UBCfnh:

It sounds like you are pretty set in terms of what you want to do. That is really good. I hope UBC works out for us!

Why would you be applying for a residency next year?

Do either of you think I am doomed with my 18 in AA?

________

OG KUSH MARIJUANA

I meant that both of my family members that went to UBC did their postgrad training (residencies) in the states and commented on the high level of training they received at the US schools (so I plan on applying to the DDS/DMD programs in the states next year). I have an 18 AA as well (I think my carving saved me)! I hope we're not doomed!

Bellaortho:

Any new information will be sent out officially by the Faculty of Dentistry. While I am the one setting up the tours, etc, I should not be overriding their position. Don't worry, the information will be sent to you. It will be a great opportunity to see the beautiful clinic and to speak to your future colleagues, both 3rd and 2nd years.

hey - just a question on how to prep for the interview... i know that ubc uses cda type questions... so other than the situation based questions - will we be asked anything else (like the generic - why dentistry q's).... and are we only marked on how we ans the situation based questions?

The questions are similar to what you can find on the Internet after Googling situation-based interview. Most of the questions are geared towards to see how you can deal with personal conflicts, whether between friends of yours, between you and your boss..etc. As well as time management. I was never asked about those generic questions, althought it may be differ among interviewers (whether they feel like it or not), therefore, you may still want to prepare for it. (I think I was asked to tell them about myself in the beginning of my interview.. not too sure now.. memory is fading fast..) I believe the scorings are based on situation-based questions only.. I think they asked about 6-8 Qs..(it can last anywhere begetween 30min to 1 hour.. depending on how much you have to say) In term on how you can prepare for the interview, the most useful things is to think of a few past experiences that happened in your life that you can use to support your answers during your interview. Good luck! I will see you all post-nterviews during the tour. :cool:

Archived