Premed 101 Forums

McGill decisions after interview?

KennethToronto

• 3 weeks later...

there really is no specific formula... i know that they posted something like that in the past but since mcgill really tries to take into account the whole application, they really aren't so strict with the %'s of each part of the application (at least for IP's where things are less competitive) What is correct about the above is that the interview counts for at least 40%. mcgill really stresses the interview! as for the other things, they matter but i dont think it's a strict % allotted to each component...

Haha, not mine. I'm sure I was a nervous idiot during 90% of my interview :D

The only issue is that the 30 minutes (even the one I had that went over time by 30 minutes) didn't cover even CLOSE to 1/4 of the stuff I wrote on my essay, and I'm sure this is the case with the other interviewers as well - and yet they are still given so much weight.

really?! I covered my entire essay in both interviews. In my second interview, the guy had so much time left over he started asking me about world problems and then asked me like four times if I had questions for him. After my third question, I gave up and said no :o I guess I didn't have much on my essay to talk about...

Archived