Premed 101 Forums

Number of interviewees this year

It says on their website, http://www.facmed.utoronto.ca/English/page-13-15524-1.html , they are interviewing roughly 450 applicants. However, I'm not sure if this is accurate. I recall reading somewhere that 540 applicants are invited.

They accept 224 students total, so the chances appear to be in the 40%-50% range post interview.

edit: that webpage above is updated, so maybe 450 is official. That would make the chances 50%. I don't recall where I read 540. Maybe I'm dyslexic or the person who told me is.

It says on their website, http://www.facmed.utoronto.ca/English/page-13-15524-1.html , they are interviewing roughly 450 applicants. However, I'm not sure if this is accurate. I recall reading somewhere that 540 applicants are invited.

They accept 224 students total, so the chances appear to be in the 40%-50% range post interview.

edit: that webpage above is updated, so maybe 450 is official. That would make the chances 50%. I don't recall where I read 540. Maybe I'm dyslexic or the person who told me is.

IMO the chances would be around 66% if you assume ~60 reject the offer and ~20 move off the waitlist after accepting other schools in the first round.

Last year UofT interviewed 472 for 218 positions (46.2% chance to get accepted post interview). But not everybody who is offered an offer will accept it. Depending on the year, usually ~65 people will decline the offer, so this will increase the chance of getting accepted to 60%.

http://www.facmed.utoronto.ca/English/Admissions-Statistics.html

All of the 218 students that were accepted in 2006/2007 are currently in Toronto downtown campus.I think they will expand the class size to 224 student for 2007/2008, but I am not sure if the extra students will be located in the Mississauga Academy.

Hi,

I sit on the Missisauga Academy "advisory" committee and I can confirm to you that students will not be located at that academy for this admission year. It has been postponed for the 1T2 entering class.

Also, the number 256 is the amount of people that will be accepted at UBC med this year, not UofT. UofT will be expanding to 224. You should also keep in mind that there are lots of student who have deferred admission from the previous year (from a quick survey of my class, at least 6 students have entered my class after a deferred year), which means the number of students accepted is actually less than 224.

Hydes79, I think I know who you are. :D

UTGuru

1T0 Med

Thanks for the info guru. I actually attended the announcement that the medical school will be expanding, and recently spoke with several people (including the dean of mississauga) who said that the school is expanding for 2007. Is this being kept under raps? I don't think I read anything about this in the bulletin/medium either.

Thanks for the info guru. I actually attended the announcement that the medical school will be expanding, and recently spoke with several people (including the dean of mississauga) who said that the school is expanding for 2007. Is this being kept under raps? I don't think I read anything about this in the bulletin/medium either.

The class is expanding in numbers this year, but they have decided to delay the opening of the Missisauga academy until 2008. We were just informed by email a couple of weeks ago, so it's a pretty recent change.

I'm not by MSB much these days. What's the deal with renovations to 3153 and 3154?

I'm not by MSB much these days. What's the deal with renovations to 3153 and 3154?

They are renovating 3154 now. I think this is part of the renovation required to make the downtown campus electronically connected to the Mississauga campus. They will probably install some cameras and other hi-tech stuff.

1T0 and 0T9 are now sharing 3153. This means, we sometimes have to go to lecture halls outside the MSB. The other day we had a lecture at the Pharmacy Building. There was a schedule conflict or something, and Pharmacy students we not happy because we were using their lecture room.

JANUARY 17th, 2007

The University has postponed by one year the opening of a new undergraduate medical education Academy at the University of Toronto Mississauga. The Academy is now scheduled to open in September 2008.

The University is fully committed to its agreement with the Ministry of Health to expand the medical school to an intake of 224 new students in September 2007 (enrolment in 2006 was 218 students). Students entering the program in September 2007 (Class of 1T1) will be accommodated within the current Academy structure.

http://torontomeds.com/admissions/news.html

Hydes79

Archived