Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites ...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm really confused.

I had a 4th year GPA of 3.73, graduated, and am doing a victory lap undergrad year.

My MCAT meets the SWOMEN cutoffs (11, 10, 12, P) and I lived in a SWOMEN area my entire life, but was bussed to a highschool out of a SWOMEN area. I wrote a letter to the admissions committee explaining that i grew up and lived on a SWOMEN-area farm, but the only catholic high school I could go to was out of the area.

From what I understood, they would used my 4th year GPA, and I could use the year I am currently in for the 2nd of the 2 years.

Should I be emailing regarding my rejection?

Very interesting indeed! I wonder why they felt inclined to send a pre-invitation email! Maybe they had a lot of stressed out students calling asking for news sooner! Well anyway, nice to hear something positive from them!

Very true. Congratulations to all. Now I'm worried about the interview dates and conflicts. Anyone else booked the 24th and 31st weekends?

I got one saying I didn't meet the necessary criteria, which I think is wrong, so I emailed them saying so. I'm non-SWOMEN, MCAT above cutoffs, and I've got one year above 3.7, but that was the year where i only had 4.5 OMSAS credits, but 31 credits from uOttawa. So since they told me last august that this is ok, I don't see why I don't meet the criteria, so I contacted them about it.

And Darkfalz, I'd definitely contact them about your SWOMEN status. Why not, you've got nothing to lose and an interview to gain if they agree with you.

They did the same thing last year with the pre-email. For those who made cut offs but were rejected - maybe you didn't take a full course load in all undergrad years or didn't take at least 3 senior level courses for years 3 and 4. I know a lot of ppl who were excellent candidates but were rejected for that reason.

Archived