Premed 101 Forums

Reference Letters

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this.

When are letters of reference used in the application process. According to Mac Meds website, it appears that they do not play a role, but I am pretty sure that they do. Does anyone know? I'm hoping they play a large role post-interview!

Good luck.

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this.

When are letters of reference used in the application process. According to Mac Meds website, it appears that they do not play a role, but I am pretty sure that they do. Does anyone know? I'm hoping they play a large role post-interview!

Good luck.

i am sorry to tell you, but i think they are a flag. i believe a bad one will keep ppl out, but its not going to get you in. as far as a i know, the weighting is 33 gpa 67 MMI post interview.

Apparently the letters are used in a situation that two applicants are "tied" to help them decide after all the interviews are done and they are tabulating who they should send acceptances too.

It could be you!

Archived