Premed 101 Forums

osap approval

Guest mdhopeful23

Guest mdhopeful23

has anyone checked their approval for osap on the uwo registrar website? i did today and it says my application hasn't been received :eek . is this normal? i thought all my osap stuff went through, as it says on the osap website that my application has been submitted...

im a little worried now...ive never done this osap stuff before :rolleyes

Guest aneliz

Here is the deal...

1. On the OSAP website, you fill out your application. You then need to print off the 'signature and declarations' forms. These get signed and then submitted to UWO's financial aid office. At this point, UWO's website will show 'no record of your applicaiton' and the OSAP website will show that your 'application is on hold'.

2. Once UWO has received those forms, they will 'process' your OSAP application and send confrimation to OSAP that the forms have been received. At this point, UWO's website should say that your application has been processed and the OSAP site will give you the breakdown of what funding you are going to get.

Last year, I had my forms go mysteriously missing. I submitted them to UWO and they claimed that they had never seen them. So, my application was stuck at #1. I ended up re-submitting the forms... which sucked because my OSAP was delayed in the fall.

So, if you have not submitted the forms yet, do it. You won't get any money until you do. If you have submitted them to UWO, call the financial aid office and see if they can tell you what's going on.

Guest mdhopeful23

hi,

i did send those signature forms in about a month ago. the only thing thats missing is the confirmation of enrollment, which cant be sent till sept...

so i called the financial aid office, and they 'think' my application is there and has been approved, but i need to check with a specific individual...okaaay, now im glad i called to check on this stuff!

sigh, sounds like something got misplaced. oh well, mistakes happen :rolleyes

Archived