Premed 101 Forums

interview request arrived LATE......

My interview invite arrived Feb 14, barely in time for me to confirm my spot!

Does this mean that I filled for someone who declined? Perhaps I'm at the bottom of the list? (pre-req = 3.78; overall = 3.8..... Didn't do so well on the MCAT. 10 Bio; 11 Physics; 9 :( Verbal and M W.S. :mad: ) (but I got As/A+ in English....)

I felt really good about the interview. Could this bump me up the list?

I am going crazy here cuz we have to wait until May!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any replies will be very much appreciated. Thanx in advance..................

Does this mean that I filled for someone who declined? Perhaps I'm at the bottom of the list? (pre-req = 3.78; overall = 3.8..... Didn't do so well on the MCAT. 10 Bio; 11 Physics; 9 :( Verbal and M W.S. :mad: ) (but I got As/A+ in English....)

Hi there,

Chances are you won't know why your interview invitation arrived as late as it did and given that: 1) you felt good about your interview; 2) you won't receive the results of the process for another 3 months, you're probably better off doing something to try to keep your mind off the minutiae.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hey,

One thing that you might concentrate on, which can certainly help to reduce anxiety levels surrounding the waiting for an acceptance is to come up with a good back-up plan, if you don't have one already. That isn't to sound negative, by the way, but I found that when I had a good plan in place, then I didn't worry as much about not being accepted and had a plan of attack when with which I could move forward.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

When you say 'invite' do you mean an e-mail in your inbox or the interview package? If you are talking about the interview package, I wouldn't worry at all. I received mine quite late, as well (almost 2 weeks after receiving my e-mail invite).

Honestly, I feel like my stats put me on the 'bottom of the barrel' for interviewed applicants. I'm not going to worry too much at this point - whatever decision unfolds in the next few months is out of my hands. It was a privilege to interview at the UofA, and I'm happy I even got that opportunity.

Your stats seem far from the bottom of the list, I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy the next couple months!

My guess would be that you were sent an e-mail to your U of A account a while ago... I'm OOP and my understanding is that all OOPs (and maybe IP too, not sure though) were e-mailed several weeks before getting their package in the mail. I was e-mailed on Jan 31st and received the package around the same time as you I think.

I think you should get your U of A account sorted out. U of A might send an acceptance e-mail to that account on May 15th, so it's probably worth sorting out.

(Not sure if U of A is sending acceptance e-mails this year, but might as well get it sorted out now. If you get accepted you'll just have to do it later anyway :) ).

• 3 weeks later...

Since they don't send out rejections in May, you won't hear anything concrete until then - they kind of keep you in limbo, wondering if they lost apps like you. I felt this way last year, and held out that sliver of hope, then got the thin PFO in May. Call just to check, but I'm not sure that they will even outright reject anyone on the phone until the acceptance offers have gone out.

Yah, U of A is apparently notorious for not letting you know anything until the acceptances are all out etc. A friend of mine interviewed last year, and was rejected, but only got the rejection letter in June/July ish. I think this is from a while ago, where they had an instance where they went through the entire waitlist and then had to call back people who had been rejected previously for late interviews. So now, they just don't tell you you're rejected until they're fairly sure that won't happen again. But don't quote me on that, it's not on a website anywhere, it's the kind of thing you hear from "a friend of a friend who knew somebody who knew somebody who heard two other people talking about it" :P . As are many of the med admissions rumors. Give'm a call though if you're not sure about something though!

I haven't recieved any word from UofA. (no interview or rejection) I am assuming I was rejected, but should I be worried they lost my application? Is anyone else in the same boat? (Im an OOP applicant) Thanks!!

I'm in the same situation, but if you are worried that they have lost your application, just go to beartracks. They will have a summary of your application (but it won't say anything about the interview).

________

FORD GRANADA (EUROPE)

Archived