Premed 101 Forums

Pass/Fail

Raam

I read on the McGill website the following:

One year – full course load (2 semesters) in each of the following courses, with laboratory

* General Biology

* General Chemistry

* Organic Chemistry

* Physics

It is important to note that in all of the above courses Pass/Fail grades are not acceptable.

So does that mean if you had gotten below 80% on any of these courses then you dont qualify?

I read on the McGill website the following:

One year – full course load (2 semesters) in each of the following courses, with laboratory

* General Biology

* General Chemistry

* Organic Chemistry

* Physics

It is important to note that in all of the above courses Pass/Fail grades are not acceptable.

So does that mean if you had gotten below 80% on any of these courses then you dont qualify?

No, I think they mean some courses are marked as Pass or Fail only (i.e. they don't give out percentage or letter grade marks), so courses like that aren't acceptable.

Are you positive cause if you are I will be the happiest guy in the world. I'm soo looking forward to McGill.

I'm pretty sure that's what they mean. I doubt they'll make prerequisite cutoff marks at 80%. Some med schools mark in a Pass Fail system, or Pass/Fail/Honours system, and I know @ U of T, if you do an exchange course in another country, they're usually marked in as a Pass or Fail grade to make the course more enjoyable since you're exploring another country!

Thank god...im sorry if Im asking stupid questions, im a second year student and I really want to do this. I been dreaming about it for some time. I got one last question, do u know which schools accept students without a full course load (5 courses per semester) for the 2 years they consider, I heard uoft did but do you know any others that do too?

Thank god...im sorry if Im asking stupid questions, im a second year student and I really want to do this. I been dreaming about it for some time. I got one last question, do u know which schools accept students without a full course load (5 courses per semester) for the 2 years they consider, I heard uoft did but do you know any others that do too?

Even though U of T doesn't require 5 full courses/year, you're still expected to complete 15 full courses by the time you're admitted (if you apply in your 3rd year). So that means doing summer courses to compensate.

I'm not too sure what the other school's requirements are to be honest, you would have to check the individual websites. To be safe, especially since you're applying to multiple schools, you should try to take 5 full courses per year in case there's some schools that require it.

Archived