Premed 101 Forums

how do you...

cancel interviews?

anyone know so i can give my spot to some other deserving individual?

I'm sure if you want to do it right away (i.e. before you get a potential interview invite) you can call the school any time and cancel your application. Congrats on whatever offer you're holding right now anyway! :)

I am from toronto and I applied to the US.

i got into Upenn so far but that is my first choice in the US.

Ideally, the only other school I would consider is UofT cause its close to home and its cheaper. so....flying to alberta for 600$ for 3 potential spots for OOP applicants isnt really worth it. and if i have to fly somewhere for schooling, i think id choose Upenn over alberta.

so, i rather not waste an interview spot for ppl who would seriously consider going to UofA.

I am from toronto and I applied to the US.

i got into Upenn so far but that is my first choice in the US.

Ideally, the only other school I would consider is UofT cause its close to home and its cheaper. so....flying to alberta for 600$ for 3 potential spots for OOP applicants isnt really worth it. and if i have to fly somewhere for schooling, i think id choose Upenn over alberta.

so, i rather not waste an interview spot for ppl who would seriously consider going to UofA.

iam an undergrad, been browsing through these forums recently

i cant believe the costs involved with US dental schools

can i ask how u plan to pay 75 grand a year for 4 years

if one takes a loan, ur going to be down 300 grand+interest

holy cow, cant wrap my head around this

edit: btw congrats! and thats pretty noble of you to cancel your interview

Most people who do choose US as an option have a strong financial background, ie. wealthy parents. Thus, there's no worries about cost.

thanks for the reply

i was just talking to the parents, and they said well u better try extra hard to get into a canadian school :o

if u get into dental school, banks line up to give u a loan. they earn a lot of money from you they are pretty certain they will get the money back.

the thing is that i see my dental education as a long term investment.

lets say i work for 40 years, 200k divided by 40 years is 5000$.

so, do you think u can earn 5000$ extra each year after coming out of a school you think is better? no one can ever compare....

thanks why if i get into UofT, ill have a tough decision to make.

Archived