Premed 101 Forums

Official Dal interview thread

yea, i got one too. I've been waiting so long and I really want to go to dalhousie. Does anyone have any experience with interviews at dalhousie? How do they regard just sending a score from another school? They also have a personality assesment after the interview but if I just send my score then I won't be able to take that assesment...they mentioned that it is considered in the final selection process. any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi everyone!

Congrats on the interviews! I got one too and I'm really excited! I am in NS.

My understanding is that e-mails were sent yesterday and today and letters are being sent today as well.

Good luck to you all!

Mare

I called the school this morning because I hadn't received an e-mail yet and I was told I had an interview. What I found out later on was that they had somehow gotten my e-mail address wrong, so they forwarded the e-mail to me this afternoon. So don't give up all hope just yet!

I'm not comfortable sharing my exact scores with everyone, but I will tell you that met the GPA range that Dal requests before interviews are granted and my DAT scores were nothing special. Fortunately, I do have a full resume with all the extra-curriculars I'm involved in now and in the past - so that may have played a role in my interview offer, I'm not sure.

Good luck!

Hey Mare,

Thanks for your reply and congrats on the interview!

I haven't gotten an e-mail yet and i'm a bit distressed, i thought i had a good chance. I have a 3.9 GPA and 114 DAT score.

I wonder what they take into account when choosing who to interview.. who knows! :)

Congrats to everyone on receiving an interview. Dal looks like it could be a nice school.

Sorry RedRevolution, but do your best and keep trying. I can imagine with all the anticipation of a letter, getting that registered mail must have been a bummer. (unless it was something good!)

PLMO, I like your attitude. You seem to have a positive outlook. Good luck on your other applications. Maybe there is an e-mail glitch for you ::fingers crossed::

Hey~~

I never received a single letter from dal so i think they lost my application or something...i know they're not very good at letting ppl know if they didn't get an interview...but still....ahaha its terrible just sitting around waiting for a letter to come in.

I'm from ontario too...so if you dont mind...can you tell me if you know what the cutoff GPA is?! My DAT score was over 110 and my GPA is about 3.8...I'm not sure if they're req were higher than that...but i got an interview from all the other cdn schools so far...so this just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe dal is just really tough to get in? Didnt they say that they look at all the applicants equally?

Congrats to those of you who got an interview and goodluck!

Hey Carol,

My stats are fairly similar to yours. 3.85 (OMSAS converted) and 106 DAT and I am from Ontario as well. I called and asked about all of this because I thought I was fairly competative as well but it turns out that they only invited 12 OOP applicants for interviews. So unless you were one of the top 12 they did not contact anyone about interview invites because they said that if they cannot select 3 qualified candidates from this group they will do another round of interviews in June or something. Good luck with your other interviews!

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to everyone who's got an interview at Dal this weekend. Mine is bright and early tomorrow morning :) and then it's off to Toronto tomorrow night.

I wish I could stay in Halifax longer; I would love to live here for four years :D.

How did everyone find the interviews? What did you think of the clinic / building?

- My interviewers were super nice, and I got a tour afterwards: the clinic was nicer than U of A, but not as fancy as UBC :). I'm crossing my fingers for Dal, eventhough I'm OOP :cool: (Halifax is awesome!)

- The personality test was called NEO PI-R and it was 240 questions!!! Well they were statements really, and for each one you had to pick one of Stongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, Agree, or Strongly Agree. Nothing shocking on there. For a sample, go to http://www.personalitytest.net/ipip/ipipneo1.htm

Hey Everyone,

I had my interview on the first Saturday. It went ok - the questions were weird. I left feeling like they really had no idea about me as a person. How did you folks find the interview?

I'm really crossing my fingers for Dal! I'm tired of waiting already and there is another 2.5 months to go before acceptance/rejection letters are sent...it's painful waiting! :)

Mare

Archived