Premed 101 Forums

CDA type interviews for UBC and UofT

uoft is cda based, so is uwo. there is no official list of questions. i wouldnt spend too much time preparing answers for the questions. just have a general idea of what questions are like. most interviewers will use follow up questions as well, so having pre planned answers for questions might backfire.

eg. of questions:

-tell us about a time when someone took credit for something you did? what action, if any, did you take?

-who, living or dead, would you most like to meet?

-your friend comes upto you in the middle of the night and tells you that his parents are going to divorce each other. he's in a state of shock. you have an exam the other day; what do you do?

-tell us about about a time when someone very close to you doubted your abilities? how did it affect you?

-extracurriculars?

-why dentistry?

-why this university?

hope that helps

hey. Someone I know has given me a list of UofT and UWO dentistry interview questions (I think there were >300 questions). If the UofT dentistry interview is CDA based, I'm sure this list will help me to have a great chance of getting into UBC (my primary goal) since I heard UBC dental school conducts CDA based interview as well. (Thus, I'm thinking of applying to the UofT as well as a back up because this person who has given me this list said all the questions asked were on it) So yea, I have 2 questions:

1) Is the UofT interview CDA based?

2) Is this list I have any official (e.g.: published from CDA)?

could i also get the list?

thanks so much!!!

You do realize that UT and UBC uses the same CDA style interview process, right? Thus there's no separate UBC and UT type of help.

Oh, you should realize that it is illegal to possess CDA questions and that technically, the the person who gave them away also committed something illegal since CDA states that those questions are their property and not to be distributed. Being curious, I had personally emailed CDA a few years ago and received that response. I would suggest that those who may possess "possible" questions to not be so public with them. You do not know who is watching the forum.

Hypothetically, if one were to get help, one would do so more privately. More prudently, one would would use the private messaging system and REMOVE their current public posting. Of course I am only speaking hypothetically.

again Adversary is right on the money!...it's especially a bad idea if your avatar contains your name and likely year of birth...ie. kevin kwon born in 1984

u forgot that hes from vancouver and so he most likely goes to UBC. possibly in the science program there.

LOL

Gsman,

I have posted a lot so I am sure most people have an idea of my status. Hence, I do try to maintain professionalism and watch what I say. However, I do not compromise my integrity and I do speak honestly.

I stay on this forum to help everyone here as I was once in their position and can understand what they're going through. Plus, we're going to be colleagues one day and I believe in helping each other out. One day I might need to ask you for help so it's good to know people.

I agree with Adversary...If and emphasize, IF, he does have a list, then he might have admitted to something illegal.

HOWEVER, how many of you actually believe that this guy actually has a list?...

I think it's almost impossible to gain access to a list like that.

Maybe he is just trying to screw around with people's heads. Maybe he is trying to take the spotlight away from the fact that now matter how much you look at old questions, that it is the way you formulate your answer and use great examples that shows your true potential in the interview.

Okay, that's enough ranting for today.

Bella

________

Futurama Dicussion

I must admit, I never knew having this list is something illegal. I'm sure CDA hasn't published this; I think it has been made by past students who got high scores on interviews. I thought it was something we could share (something like past University exam) and I'm pretty sure he thought of it the same way. I'm going to throw this list out right now (and I have never distributed this to anyone). Sorry for making such a rant people. I really don't want to cause any trouble. Bellaortho, I know I have made a mistake, but I'm not a liar. I had no intention to screw around with people's heads. You are right though, that the best way to win high score on interview is to forumulate answer and use examples to show your true potential, not by reading off old questions and stuffs. I would really appreciate it if all of you would all forget about this.

I'm sorry for causing such a rant.

I have just torn apart the list and dumped the pieces into a trash can.

Thank you.

You know, if people search the forum and "other" web sites, I am sure there are questions posted. Trust me on that. This is the reality of the internet age.

However, I would advise people to not be so public about them due to the sensitivity of the questions. Since I have no control over past posts (not a moderator), I can state that I have no involvement.

Remember, GOOGLE will find every post available on this forum...

Ah, the power of GOOGLE... where will I be without you for PBL :D

Archived