Premed 101 Forums

PDA Resources

Perhaps this is a tad idealistic, but I'd like to have a separate reference for each rotation on my PDA (yes, I'm anal retentive like that), in addition to the epocrates, etc. I dont really like reading paper, so

So, can anyone reccomend good PDA references for surgery, medicine, obs gyn, paeds, psych and famiy?

Theresa

There are many textbooks for PDAs. Just get iSilo to read the textbooks - you can use it on your PC and your PDA. Personally I find textbooks very cumbersome on my PDA, but not too bad on my computer. I prefer the actual paper copies when studying though.

I don't have any recommendations for specific textbooks specifically for the PDA.

You can get Toronto Notes for the PDA which isn't too bad.

Ok, so I've done some purchasing:

heres what I got so far:

Epocrates Rx Pro: comes with psychiatric stuff too so you dont have to get an extra psych book. Also covers all the drug stuff and differential diagnosis you need.

Schwartz Principles of Surgery: the be all and end all of surgery

ACS surgery: focuses more on operative procedure

Surgical Recall: questions you will get pimped on

Harrisons Internal Medicine: a good reference for internal medicine

MD Anderson Surgical Oncology: dont bother if your not doing anything oncology related...but if you are, its useful.

ACLS Handbook: good for trauma, and it was free with purchase

Netters Anatomy: its massive, so get an expansion card to store it on.

Toronto Notes for PDA: covers everything in enough detail.

Ok, so I've done some purchasing:

heres what I got so far:

Epocrates Rx Pro: comes with psychiatric stuff too so you dont have to get an extra psych book. Also covers all the drug stuff and differential diagnosis you need.

Schwartz Principles of Surgery: the be all and end all of surgery

ACS surgery: focuses more on operative procedure

Surgical Recall: questions you will get pimped on

Harrisons Internal Medicine: a good reference for internal medicine

MD Anderson Surgical Oncology: dont bother if your not doing anything oncology related...but if you are, its useful.

ACLS Handbook: good for trauma, and it was free with purchase

Netters Anatomy: its massive, so get an expansion card to store it on.

Toronto Notes for PDA: covers everything in enough detail.

Hey,

Looks like good stuff. What format are the books in? I've got a Zaurus SL-C3100 running linux that I'm gradually using more and more. I've got all my class notes on it, but no textbooks right now.

I have a palm TX that I just got through the UofT class purchase. If you go through skyscape.com, you can get most of the software. Toronto Notes came with the paper copy of the book.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Theresa

p.s. are you in second year now..I think I remember your ID from med school applications??

Archived