Premed 101 Forums

UTPAT - Pharmacy test

Hey guys,

I know a few of you are writing the UTPAT on Saturday. Does any one know anything about the UTPAT? It is my first time writing and I am not sure what to expect. UT provides very limited information. Is there any way to prepare? Does anyone know what the written component is like? Do they ask you questions like WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A PHARMACIST?

Thanks for your help

Hey guys,

I know a few of you are writing the UTPAT on Saturday. Does any one know anything about the UTPAT? It is my first time writing and I am not sure what to expect. UT provides very limited information. Is there any way to prepare? Does anyone know what the written component is like? Do they ask you questions like WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A PHARMACIST?

Thanks for your help

hey sweetooth,

I never personally wrote it myself, however I've had a friend write it last year. They have a PAT section just like the DAT my friend actually used PAT DAT material to study for it. There is an essay portion, however the topic they give you to write about can be about anything, my memory is a little blurry but I remember her saying something along the lines of it not really being an essay, more like a story. They give you a topic or subject and you write a story about it. There is also a personality type test. About the whole "Why do you want to be a pharmacist?" I don't think they ask questions like that. But do not quote me, as I have never written it, and the info that I have given you is from last year, and it may no longer be accurate

good luck,

-wisdom_tooth

Archived