Premed 101 Forums

marks after interview

Figure8s.. I don't know

sandra.. yes it is MOST likely that it will be 50/50.. it's going through approval by all the different committees right now but I'd say it probably will be that. I discussed my feelings on that in one of the other recent threads on what happens after interview.

hi OT6 - I did read that thread. Thanks so much for your quick reply. I had my interview on Sat - volet francophone. I read somewhere that one's impression post-interview is no indication of how you really did. DO you know how many invites were given for the french stream? Merci a l' avance.

What about for graduate students?

It depends on if you were considered under the grad review policy or not. I just recently asked the school this question. If you were reviewed under the policy, then i believe you have to obtain at least an A in each class. If you were not reviewed under the policy, then you were considered with the undergrads and you do not have to maintain anything in grad school since they do not look at your marks. However, it was pointed out to me that I should consider getting an A in each course anyways, in case I need to re-apply :o .

If you are offered admission without being selected from the Graduate Review Policy would then mean that your file advanced in the selection process with your undergraduate studies' date=' therefore would not have any obligation in maintaining an A average in your Master's degree.

Maintaining an A average in a Master's program will always be important insofar as a candidate's file does not advance in the selection process according to their undergraduate studies we would then consider the graduate studies.[/quote']

• 2 weeks later...
It shouldn't be more than 0.5 below your applying wGPA.

Example.. you apply with a 3.92 wGPA, if you're 4th year GPA is >3.42, you're okay.

Hi OT6 or anyone that can ans this,

I applied this year after i graduated from a 4 year degree last april. Last September however, I started a second degree and i am curious if I still have to maintain a high GPA (ie. within 0.5 of my application GPA). The reason i ask is that my second degree is much more difficult and my course load is 1.5 times the undergraduate full time course load....so as you can imagine its pretty rough. Will these factors be considered if my gpa drops beyond the 0.5 range?

Thanks,

Hi OT6 or anyone that can ans this,

I applied this year after i graduated from a 4 year degree last april. Last September however, I started a second degree and i am curious if I still have to maintain a high GPA (ie. within 0.5 of my application GPA). The reason i ask is that my second degree is much more difficult and my course load is 1.5 times the undergraduate full time course load....so as you can imagine its pretty rough. Will these factors be considered if my gpa drops beyond the 0.5 range?

Thanks,

Hello!

Do you mean if you get admitted this year will you have to maintain this current years GPA?

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. Yes you're right, so basically my question is that if i get accepted in this cycle to Ottawa do i have to still maintain my marks in the current academic year (1st yr of my second degree) to a gpa within 0.5 of my application gpa. Can i possible not disclose that i am in a second degree and avoid all this mess?

If my marks do drop more than 0.5, do you know if my rigorous course load will be taken into account as i am taking 7-8 credits this year and a full course load is only 5 credits.

I wish i had taken a year off after i graduated last april...wouldn't have gotten into this mess.

Thanks for your help,

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. Yes you're right, so basically my question is that if i get accepted in this cycle to Ottawa do i have to still maintain my marks in the current academic year (1st yr of my second degree) to a gpa within 0.5 of my application gpa. Can i possible not disclose that i am in a second degree and avoid all this mess?

If my marks do drop more than 0.5, do you know if my rigorous course load will be taken into account as i am taking 7-8 credits this year and a full course load is only 5 credits.

I wish i had taken a year off after i graduated last april...wouldn't have gotten into this mess.

Thanks for your help,

Hello!

I was in a somewhat similar situation. When I received my acceptance I was currently enrolled in a professional program that went throughout the summer. I contacted UO and spoke to admissions and she said that my admissions was based upon the courses I had already completed (I also had completed all the UO prereq courses) so I was able to drop out of the program and have the courses show up as 'incompleted' on my final transcript and it was cool with them.

I know our situations are somewhat different. If you truly are concerned give the office a call.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there! I totally feel your frustration! I spoke to the admin today and they told me that they are waiting for a meeting of the executive committee that will be held on the 19th of April, at this meeting some important decision will be made...( I suspect it may be regarding the post-interview evaluation debate, 100% interview or not, but who knows!). They will then be sending out e-mails shortly after to all the CNFS candidates who had an interview...so no worries about waiting for snail mail if you are rejected! Hope this helps alleviate a bit of the stress, for a few days atleast!

I found this on another board. It seems to be inferred that the committee is making the decision (or has made the decision) today. Can anyone confirm this?

Hi there... assuming that post by Daisy might have been a hint that I should post something :)

I don't know what their decision was regarding the 50/50. They only sent us the "you're in" thing, no details to say how they came to that decision.

We had to send in a deposit & official answer (I accept/I refuse, no "I'm waiting for an other school's answer" option, but I'm guessing that's just for CNFS) by May 3rd. That's all I know. They told us we would get the official admissions package on May 15th if we accepted their offer (which I obviously did ;) ).

That is the extent of my knowledge. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I do wonder what their decision was!

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there... assuming that post by Daisy might have been a hint that I should post something :)

I don't know what their decision was regarding the 50/50. They only sent us the "you're in" thing, no details to say how they came to that decision.

We had to send in a deposit & official answer (I accept/I refuse, no "I'm waiting for an other school's answer" option, but I'm guessing that's just for CNFS) by May 3rd. That's all I know. They told us we would get the official admissions package on May 15th if we accepted their offer (which I obviously did ;) ).

That is the extent of my knowledge. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I do wonder what their decision was!

Best of luck!

Hey, Julie!:D

Archived