Premed 101 Forums

MCAT result deadline for OMSAS

I am planning to write MCAT on Sept 7. As per AAMC estimated date of release of result is Oct 10. I know last year OMSAS deadline for MCAT score was Oct 12.

My questions are:

Knowing track record of AAMC, do you think results will be released by Oct 10?

If release of MCAT results ger delayed, does OMSAS accept late results?

Can anyone help?

I am planning to write MCAT on Sept 7. As per AAMC estimated date of release of result is Oct 10. I know last year OMSAS deadline for MCAT score was Oct 12.

My questions are:

Knowing track record of AAMC, do you think results will be released by Oct 10?

If release of MCAT results ger delayed, does OMSAS accept late results?

Can anyone help?

Are you planning to apply this year? If so, make sure to check the latest MCAT writing dates that will be acceptable for applying for the coming cycle. I might be wrong, but I remember reading that schools will not accept the score if the MCAT is written past August 2007 for the 2007-2008 application cycle.

1) MCAT scores should be out at the estimated time of release. I remember reading threads in October mentioning how some people didn't have their scores on the release date, but they received it within the next few days.

2) OMSAS doesn't hold you accountable if the results for the MCAT are released late. As long as you have them within a few days past the deadline, you should be fine. When filling out OMSAS, I remember my scores were listed as 'pending' even though I had sent them my score report months before the deadline.

If you are applying this year, I seriously would not recommend waiting until the last possible date unless you are 100% confident that you will get the score you need - and with the MCAT...sometimes you can't always be sure. I'm speaking from experience here.

If you are applying this year, I seriously would not recommend waiting until the last possible date unless you are 100% confident that you will get the score you need - and with the MCAT...sometimes you can't always be sure. I'm speaking from experience here.

Or let's face it, if the deadline is within days of the expected score release date, you also have to keep in mind that any sort of technical glitch or whatever may happen and your scores may be delayed. If you have 2 months till the deadline, it's no big deal, but look at the situation with registration - can you REALLY confidently expect the AAMC to release the scores on time? And I wouldn't bank on OMSAS saying "sure, it's not your fault, we'll wait until your scores are eventually released even though it's past the deadline."

on the website eit says by oct 13, the scores should be released..soo does that mean we cant write it later in august..what if i write on aug 9??

If you write on aug 9 will your scores be available for release by oct 13? If yes, then you can write on that day. If no, then you must write earlier.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived