Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist Thread

I remember the feeling when I saw my interview invite email and decision... These few months that you guys are going through now are the few months I'd never forget.

Congrats everyone! Best of luck at the interviews!

Mine too! :)

I thought I was rejected for sure, but then I saw this on twitter:

"aedmedmcgill: Minerva updated for invitees ("Further review required"). If your status shows this and you did not get an e-mail, please let us know. Thnx"

So I checked my status without much hope... This is a nice surprise, that's for sure!

Congrats sorena!

Hi all -you can send admissions an email if you didn't get an email invite but status on Minerva changed to "Further Review Required". Someone will reply about whether you should have received an email on Friday. Apparently, all the missed emails were mail.mcgill.ca, and the missed invites will be sent Monday. (I never appreciated a Monday as much as the upcoming one...)

Wow - what a roller coaster. I thought my chances were moot. The adrenaline rush is making it difficult to sleep. One word: incredible!

Hi everyone,

They are saying in the e-mail for the interview "Instructions regarding the submission of photo identification (in a separate e-mail)..."

Do you have to send those to aed.med@mcgill.ca (as I read on the web site) or you just include your photos to your e-mail answer to the interview session?

thx

No they should be seperate emails, according to them

I'm an international applicant completing my undergraduate degree in Psychology and Finance at McGill university. My CGPA was 3.98/4.0 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 12

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: Q

Extracurricular activitives: the usual - hospital work, volunteering at labs, academic awards, intramural sports, volunteering with health organization abroad

I was accepted by McGill.This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend McGill as my first choice.

• 1 month later...

Accepted! Still in shock, esp because was not expecting the decisions to be out so soon, but sooooooo happy! Really looking forward to meeting you all in August!

For those who were refused this cycle- do not give up. This is my third attempt. Each failure, although it sucks, brings with it lessons which will carry you through. I did not have a 4.0 GPA (~3.68), but worked hard and tried to gain as much experience in the medical field in-between the two unsuccessful attempts by working/volunteering/researching. My advice: take time to discover who you are, what you enjoy, outside of being a premed, and then come back, re-evaluate and try again. Allow yourself to grow and that maturity will be reflected in the subsequent applications.

Good luck to all!

To : Applicants for the Non-Tradional Pathway who got ACCEPTED this 16th of march 2011.

Hi,

We are 13 persons who did the interview for McGill Non-Traditional Pathway and McGill doesn't give our rank on the waiting list. Three of you got accepted today to go to McGill. I would like to know if McGill is your first choice. I'm asking you this in order to know if I should still hope to get into McGill.

Thanks,

A guy who's on the waitlist

Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those that are WL'd! And sorry for those rejected. :)

Any idea about the chances for acceptance for a wait-listed OOP candidate? Just received the letter. It does not disclose any ranking.

Pretty good. I was accepted OOP last year into class of 2014. And so were some of my friends. :)

• 4 weeks later...