Premed 101 Forums

Math: is there any in medical school?

there is math, especially during the epidemiology portion of the curriculum. There are also equations depending on the system you are studying that need to be learnt but most of the calculations are very simple (addn, subtracation, division...). I hate math with a passion and I don't find it that difficult, except for some of the bayesian analysis wit the genetics/epid. section.

i had my simulated patient exercise for pharmacology today. we had to calculate how much drug to give...ie. concentration is 500ug/mL, u need to administer 5mg, how much do you give (answer: 10mL). all this without a calculator! lol

there is math for the epidemiology part...but it's multiplication/division...really simple as jewelleigh said.

What! no complex math. i was so looking forward to doing some integrating and some vector analysis. If this is what medicine is like i wan't no part of it!

This is why it is so hard to get into medical school. . . we compete with amazingly intelligent individuals such as vip_138.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived