Premed 101 Forums

DAT training centres...?

Hey!..

Well..I was wondering if anyone knew some intitutions or centres where I can prepare for the DAT exam? for example: for the carving component - is there any place I can get a hands-on learning experience?

I live in BC...so ya somewhere around here...

Also, would anyone know of a website that lists places for DAT training/classes/courses all over Canada??

I would greatly appreciate if someone could answer this for me

Sincerely,

-->Miss Pearl<--

hey check out Kaplan website.They conduct DAT prep classes in both States and Canada. here is the website: http://www.kaptest.com/. go here and click on DAT and then locate where and when classes are held in BC. Goodluck with the DAT prep. just give them a call if you are too lost on the website.

Hey!..

Well..I was wondering if anyone knew some intitutions or centres where I can prepare for the DAT exam? for example: for the carving component - is there any place I can get a hands-on learning experience?

I live in BC...so ya somewhere around here...

Also' date=' would anyone know of a [b']website[/b] that lists places for DAT training/classes/courses all over Canada??

I would greatly appreciate if someone could answer this for me

Sincerely,

-->Miss Pearl<--

Dear ddents,

U are wonderful!!!...thank u soooooooooo much :D :D :D :D ....

-->Miss Pearl<--

hey check out Kaplan website.They conduct DAT prep classes in both States and Canada. here is the website: http://www.kaptest.com/. go here and click on DAT and then locate where and when classes are held in BC. Goodluck with the DAT prep. just give them a call if you are too lost on the website.

hey "Miss Pearl"..i would agree with all of them. The reason I suggested Kaplan DAT is because this is the only thing I know of regarding Dat that has classes held all over Canada. My experience was not that great with it. I pretty much learnt everything on my own. THey were of not that much help. But i have also come across people who think the otherwise which is another reason as to why I suggested this to you. I would say survey around and for sure look into other things like Rock the Dat and Chapters text on DAT. Coz Kaplan does not help that much as much effort you yurself have to put in. I would suggest get the text and there are also some prep CDs that go through the whole carving section and even perceptual. And study through those. Kaplan classes would be a waste of time and money in my opinion. But then again it varies per person. Goodluck!!!

I agree with everyone else: you're better off studying on your own. Especially with carving, all you need is just to practice, over and over and over again. Besides, what are they going to teach you about carving, how to use a ruler? I found the guide books to be enough. I would only urge you to get the carving materials directly from the CDA.

u know, i thought the same thing about the carving, but there are some great techniques i got shown that cut the carving time in half for me. they arent genius, kinda thought i should have figured them out on my own, but it also was a good opportunity to meet people and see the facility (it was held for 2 days at the dental school). Some trick to save time for the pat as well. But, the carvins soap is much easier to use that you can buy from them, so you would still want to get soap from the cda as well as said before, the rockthedat soap is still useful for technique however, i highly recommend rockthedat.

I also thought the rockthedat course was really good. I already had lots of experience carving before I took the course, but they had some good tips that I hadn't heard before. Also I took the DAT tutor course at UBC years back and I think the rockthedat course is much better in many ways (ie. the structure and organization of the course!).

Archived