Premed 101 Forums

American Dental School Application

Hi,

I am going to be writing the American DAT this summer. After doing some research pertaining to the acceptance of Canadians in American dental schools, I am considering applying to the following schools:

Howard University, Boston University, University of Detroit Mercy, Columbia University, University of Dental and Medicine of New Jersey, New York University, Case School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh

I was wondering if there are any schools that I am missing. Also, which ones are the most likely to accept Canadians.

Thanks for the help

:)

Hi,

I am going to be writing the American DAT this summer. After doing some research pertaining to the acceptance of Canadians in American dental schools, I am considering applying to the following schools:

Howard University, Boston University, University of Detroit Mercy, Columbia University, University of Dental and Medicine of New Jersey, New York University, Case School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh

I was wondering if there are any schools that I am missing. Also, which ones are the most likely to accept Canadians.

Thanks for the help

Boston U, Case, UPENN, Detroit mercy - All these schools except ALOT of Canadians. I actually have a few friends at each school, so yah apply!

I got interviewed at UCONN this year but didn't get in. I got accepted and was planning to attend Nova Southeastern University before getting in to uoft. Nova seems like an awesome school and the beaches of southern Florida are awesome. :)

I got interviewed at UCONN this year but didn't get in. I got accepted and was planning to attend Nova Southeastern University before getting in to uoft. Nova seems like an awesome school and the beaches of southern Florida are awesome. :)

Yeah, except the devestating hurricanes suck :(

Well American schools wont consider your application till the DAT results are in. I never sent my Canadian Dat results to American schools. So rather than wait till Nov Canadian Dat (which i will write for Canadian schools), i will just do the American so my dat scores are available to them earlier. I hope this will give me a better shot at getting in.

Well American schools wont consider your application till the DAT results are in. I never sent my Canadian Dat results to American schools. So rather than wait till Nov Canadian Dat (which i will write for Canadian schools), i will just do the American so my dat scores are available to them earlier. I hope this will give me a better shot at getting in.

You absolutely hit the "KEY" word with american applications...that is the "EARLIER" the BETTER. There are many people with 3.2-3.4 that apply early and get in...however folks with 3.7-3.8 who apply late are rejected daily. Hope you get those scores to them quick. cheers

:)

Is it better to write the American DAT for American schools so I can apply as soon as applications open, or send my current (not so hot) Canadian DAT scores or thirdly wait until Nov. and send the new Canadian DAT - but that would mean applying later in the American application cycle? My current DAT scores are: Reading 18, Academic Ave 17, Perception 16. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Is it better to write the American DAT for American schools so I can apply as soon as applications open, or send my current (not so hot) Canadian DAT scores or thirdly wait until Nov. and send the new Canadian DAT - but that would mean applying later in the American application cycle? My current DAT scores are: Reading 18, Academic Ave 17, Perception 16. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

November is absolutely too late! If you're rewriting the DAT do it ASAP. Your application for US schools should be in latest by early September if you want a good shot.

Yeah, except the devestating hurricanes suck :(

It's true! Although the students said Ft. Lauderdale doesnt get hit bad often. But you gotta love the beautiful weather (sunny, +25) throughout most of the year...and the palm trees!!!

November is absolutely too late! If you're rewriting the DAT do it ASAP. Your application for US schools should be in latest by early September if you want a good shot.

So do you think I should write the American or send in my current Canadian DAT scores?

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know when does the american dental application cycle for 2008 come out?

i started one a week ago, and now i cant log back in, i assume they thought i was signing up for the 2007 cycle.

and what are the chances of me getting into american

canadian DAT

RC 18

sci total 20

aa 19

perception 20

carving 14

cGPA approx 3.4-3.5

Archived